A glimpse

"What do you mean by bad news?" I ask.

"Well, he's one of the most popular and careless guys in school. I don't really think he's dangerous because I haven't heard about him hurting any girl physically or anything like that but don't make a mistake of developing feelings for him because he will break your heart, then step on the pieces." She said as I wondered how true it was.

"But... Isn't he your boyfriend's friend." I ask

"Thank God you said my boyfriend's friend not mine. I don't necessarily like his friends but I love Seun so we have learned to meet each other halfway." She said

"Since when have you guys been dating?" I ask finally getting in the mood of gisting as I sipped my coke.

"4 months. I met him when I was processing my admission. He helped me." She said.

"ooh okay, that's cool." I said running out of replies as I kept looking back to check the guys but if I was being honest, I knew I was looking at only one particular guy. It was stupid since I didn't even know his name yet.

"So tell me, do you have a boyfriend?" She ask nodding her head to 2baba music "Oyi" which was playing from the loud speakers.

"Nope."I said popping the p.

"Hmm, really. A fine girl like you with that gorgeous figure." she said adding a wink.

"Really." I said raising an eyebrow not because I did not know I was a fine girl but because I didn't think I had a gorgeous figure. I mean I was not tall but not really short either, I had a big butt and a flat breast but thankfully padded bra's always came to my rescue.

"Lol, yes nah. Let's dance!" she said immediately the Dj changed to music to one of olamide's music that I didn't even know the title. Everyone jumped up at the jam and we started dancing. Some guys started showing off their Madu and shaku shaku while the girls started twerking, I did a few shaku shaku of my own as we continue dancing. After dancing for while, Seun joined us as i moved away from the dance floor to one of the empty couch.

"Hey." Someone said sliding beside me as I turned to face him since Dupzy was dancing with her boyfriend: Seun.

"Hi." I said almost losing my breath as I turned around to come face to face with "No name yet" guy.

"How are you doing." He said dragging a puff from his cigarette as I coughed at the smoke he released.

"Sorry." He said putting off the cigarette.

"It's alright." I said with watery eyes.

"I'm Tolu. What's your name?" he ask now drinking God knows what from a red cup.

"Sarah." I said starting to think that I should run as far as I can from this guy. He certainly didn't look like someone I would want to be seen with. "He even smoke." I thought to myself.

"Such a churchy name but I guess it's cool." He commented.

"Yea." I muttered not sure what to say to his comment.

"You are Dupe's Friend, right?" He said confirming it.

"Yes." I said running my hands through my head nervously.