Surprise visit!

"Okay, so this one that you have been going out all the time and blushing yi, who's the lucky guy?" Tola asked as I laid on my bed on Saturday.

Teemah was as usual out, Tosin went to see a friend and Teni seem to have disappeared this morning so it was just I and Tola in the room.

"What makes you think it's a guy?" I ask with a little fake frown etched on my face.

"Well...... because of that look on your face. You look happy and also to be honest self, you are kinda glowing." she said.

I burst onto laughter as I shook my head at her.
"Which one is glowing bayi, abeg free me jare."

"Stop trying to distract me johr, Is it a guy or not." She ask and I decided to tell her so of course, I replied.

"Yes, it is."

"Well, well, well. You See, I'm not so wrong. I knew it was a guy!" She said all smiles.

"So gist me, who's the guy. Is
he a student in this school, is he handsome, what level...... "

"Calm down nah, ask the questions one after the other johr but I will start with his name shaa. His name is...."

I told her everything but of course left out the car and challenge part. She awwned and seem to be under the delusion that he likes me but I was pretty sure he doesn't. I mean when someone does something bad, we all have this guilty conscience that always makes us feel real bad and not at rest and I had a feeling that was why he asked to meet up so he could apologize. Besides, he was just being a normal person by making small talk afterwards.

"Right?" I ask my subconscious as she looked at me with a filthy look that says "Shut the fuck up! I need my beauty sleep, I don't care."

I sighed and stood up, I walked into the bathroom with my bathing necessities. I put my phone on my favourite playlist as I danced while taking my bath.

In half an hour later, I was dressed in a very stylish jumpsuit, with a black cross bag and a black sandal. I had styled my braids which I had just made and I looked okay as I left my hostel.

"Bye." I muttered to Tola whom was back to chatting on her phone.

She muttered a silent bye as I walked out of the hostel. There were girls all over the corridor gisting, talking about assignments, calling, snapping pictures and some were just lounging around and I greeted them all as I walked past them.

I hailed a cab then told him my direction. A few minutes later, he dropped me in front of Dupzy's hostel as I walked in. Unlike my hostel, there was just a few people lounging around and they were both sex instead of females alone.

I muttered a quick hello to one of them, he replied and I smiled as I walked past them.

On getting to Dupzy's room, I knocked on her door and she said what sounded like a "Come In." as I walked in.

"Good afternoon." I said as she jumped up from the chair and hugged me.

"Babe, you didn't tell me you were coming nah." She said.

"Yes, I wanted to surprise you and besides I was really bored at my hostel." I said.

"I knew it! I knew you can't just come and see me without a reason." She said leading us in as she faked sad tears.

"Ooh, come on. Of course I can and besides I was really planning to come, it was just a coincidence."  I said and by then, we were already seated.

"Na so, so now that you are already here. What should we do. By the way, you look gorgeous in that jumpsuit." she said smiling at me.

"Thank you love. So now that I'm here, what should we do." I ask.

"Well, I suppose we could actually get some reading done. I haven't read anything and the test is starting in a few weeks." She lamented.

I had totally forgot about the test and I was glad Dupzy reminded me otherwise I wouldn't even remember until probably some days before the test.

"Really, I didn't even remember. Shebi you still remember we had test, I had totally forgotten." I told her hitting my forehead.

"It's okay jare, so what should we read bayi." she asked me.

"Maths." I said.

"No.. No.. No.., I want biology." She said.

"We can't read biology, I didn't bring my note or even a pen along but we can solve maths and when I go home. I will just go through the questions we treat again." I reasoned.

"Okay, Maths it is." She said walking into her bedroom as she brought out her note, 2 pens, her textbook and her jotter before walking to her kitchen to get us 2 bottles of bigi apple, some chips and a big pack of popcorn.

We started on Sets and gradually, the junks went down as we went deeper into the topic. We were at the last sub topic on set when someone knocked at the door. I looked up and as I looked at the time, I realize we had used 5 hours and my drink is almost finished, the popcorn is gone and all that was left was one chip out of all.

Dupzy sighed and stood up, she walked to the door and open the door. She gasped as she looked at whoever was in front of her.

"Is it 5:30 already?" She ask as a series of voices replied yes and that was when I realized it wasn't one person, it was probably 3 to 4 people.

I made an attempt in arranging the place and as I walking into the kitchen to throw away the junk wrappers. Dupzy shouted.

"I invited the boys." I shook my head as I heard her mutter a come in which was almost drowned by the boys cheers but that only aided in putting a big smile on my face.

~~~~~~
A'N: Okay, I know I went AWOL but it's not actually my fault. I had Exams but now I'm done so I'm gonna try to give you guys a lot of update before school calls again.

I want you guys to relax and chill with 🍿 as the story unravels. Enjoy! and don't forget to vote.

Question of the chapter: Where do you think thus book is headed?