13.

~Damon~

I woke up with my arms wrapped around Steph. I noticed I had slept in my clothes from last night and looked at my watch to find it wa 11 am. I sat up and looked down at Steph who was sleeping peacefully, I stroked her face moving the piece of hair that was in her eyes and leaned down to kiss her cheek. She stirred a bit but didn't wake up. I had a feeling that she will probably wake up with a hangover so I put a glass of water and some painkillers on the coffee table infront of her. I then went upstairs and turned the shower on. I stripped from yesterdays clothes and stepped into the warm enough shower. I kept thinking about Klaus and Steph. How do I keep her safe from him? He's an original, I read their story all about them and how they die but there a powerful family. I have this horrible feeling in my stomach because i'm lying to Steph. Suddenly I felt arms wrap around me and a head on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Steph in the shower with me. 

"Are you okay? You've been in here for about 30 minutes" she said to me letting go. I looked down at her and smiled. 

"I'm fine princess, just thinking about how great today is gonna be" I said wrapping my arms around her waist and kissed her. 

"Merry Christmas" I said when I pulled apart. 

"Merry christmas Damon" she replied smiling wide. We showered together then when we got out we started to get ready for everyone coming round at 4. I put my usual black trousers on with boots and my brand new grey shirt. I brushed my teeth then went downstairs to start getting food ready. 

~Steph~

I woke up with the worst headache I have ever had. I opened my eyes and saw a glass of water and painkillers. I smiled for how caring he was. I heard the shower turn on so I started to watch a bit of tv. I realised Damon had been in there for nearly 30 minutes so I went to check if he was okay. I walked into the bathroom and saw him standing in the shower just staring blankly at the wall. I took my clothes off and walked ino the shower, I wrapped my arms around him and stood on my tiptoes to rest my head on his shoulder. I asked if he was okay letting go of him and he told me he was fine but I knew he was lying. I know his real smile and that was certainly not his real one. His bare arms wrapped around my waist and kissed me passionatly then we said merry chirstmas to eachother, but I had a funny feeling that he was hiding something from me. 

We got out of the shower and I started to get ready (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=122634465)

Damon started witht he food and I was setting up the house ready. I didn't really speak to him as we were both quite busy. It reached 4 and everyone started to get here. First was Ric and Jenna were first, shortly after was Elena, Stefan and Jeremy, then Bonnie, Matt and Bonnies dad, Caroline and her mum after then Tyler. We all sat and eat together. I was sat next to Damon with Bonnie on the other side of me and Stefan opposite me. We eat and it was really nice food, I must admit Damon was a very good chef. We all had a good time and funny conversations and we all got on well with eachother. Damon put his hand on my thigh and looked at me. 

"I dont think I told you that you look beautiful today" He said to me, I smiled like crazy. I leaned over and we kissed for a second then the door bell rang. I pulled apart and got out of my chair to answer the door. As soon as I opened the door my mouth dropped. Black curly hair up to her shoulders, green eyes, peachy lips. My mum. 

"Stephanie" she whispered. 

"It's you" she said again. My eyes were wide and I couldn't believe that my own mother was standing in front of me. A part of me wanted to cry and hug her because I missed her so much but another part of me wanted to rage with anger at the fact she left and never came back. 

"Please say something princess" she pleaded.

"Don't call me that" I snapped at her. I stood and stared at her until I heard Damons voice. 

"Steph? Are you okay?" Damon said. He opened the door wider and noticed my mum. 

"Who's this?" he looked at my mum then back at me. 

"My mu- Abbey" I said. He looked at me and pushed me back so he could shut the door but she started to say a spell which made Damon fall to the floor and scream in pain, holding to his head. 

"Damon!" I dropped to the floor and held him.

"Why are you doing this?! Stop!" I shouted. Suddenly I heard Bonnie.

"Mom!" She shouted. Abbey stopped and I helped Damon stand up. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked. 

"I found out you and Bonnie now know eachother, I just want to apolagise" She looked down at her hands.

"Save your apolagie" I said and slammed the door shut. I looked at Bonnie and she was about to cry, I grabbed her and pulled her into a hug and she cried into my shoulder which made me cry. Damon left the room and just left me and Bonnie. 

"Hey hey, look at us" we pulled apart and laughed.

"Forget about her, she forgot about us" I said. 

"Lets go back and enjoy christmas" Bonnie said. We walked back into the room but it looks like I walked in on a serious conversation. 

"There is no way in hell that I am telling Steph about me killing that police officer and I can not tell her about Klaus coming to get her because she will worry for life, she will have nightmares and won't feel safe. She can't know about this" Damon half shouted but loud enough for me to hear. 

"What!" I shouted. Everyones head shot up and Damon walked towards me and tried to hold my arm but I pulled away. 

"You killed a police officer?! And what is this about Klaus coming??" I shouted. 

"I'm sorry, I was gonna tell you, I was worried that if I tell you, you will panic and be scared but we've all been sorting this, I promise" he said. 

"All of you? All of you knew about this but you kept it from me? I could of helped! So you've just kept me in the dark this whole time? How long has this been going on for?" I asked furiously. 

"About a month" he said quietly. 

"I'm sorry, a month?? I can't believe this" I said walking back and forth. 

"Steph, it was for the best" Alaric got involved. 

"I'm sorry" Damon said. 

"We said no secrets Damon" I grabbed my car keys and got into my car and drove off. I can't believe this. A whole month they kept me in the dark, kept this secret from me. Yeah I understand that i'm quite scared of Klaus but if I knew wouldn't I be more cautious?? Damon killed that police officer that was all over the news but when I talked to him about it he lied to me and told me he knew nothing about it!! My anger was out the window. First my mom stmbles up to my door and now this! So much for an enjoyable christmas.

I'm sorry this chapter isn't the best but I kind of rushed it as I was doing school work and felt bad that I hadn't uploaded in a while. Did you guys watch the last episode of the vampire diaries. I have never cried so much in my entire life! I really really hope Damon is ok as he is my favourite. I'll update soon :) x