23.

-Damon-
I was sat in mystic grill with Alaric just chatting away, I told him about me seeing Steph last night and all the memories, how they came flooding back as soon as my eyes met hers, but she ran off and I was so stupid not to go after her. My phone started to ring and I noticed that the caller I.d was Stefan, I knew he was going to Sams tonight with Steph so I answered straight away.

"Why didn't you tell us you saw Steph at mine and elenas wedding last night?!" He shouted at me.

"Well it was none of your business at the time was it, I haven't had chance to speak to you since"

"She blew up at Sams, saying how we all knew you were back but didn't tell her, we have all led on that we don't know what she is talking about and that she's imagined you, now she's drove home when she's had too much to drink damon!" Stefan panicked.

"Well why the fuck didn't you tell her that I was back huh?! Smart arse!"

"Well I never thought of that did i!" I hung up and told Alaric what was going on.

"Go to her hotel room" he handed me a note with an address on. I took it then went straight to my car. I drove as fast as I could go the address she was at and straight to her room. I hesitated but I knocked straight away.

"Who is it?" I heard her shout.

"It's me Steph" she didn't reply, it was silent for about two minutes. But then I could hear her breathing from the other side of the door.

"I can hear you breathing"

"You don't know how long I've waiting to hear you breathe" I continued. Then I heard her hand press on the wall next to the door, I placed my hand there, it felt like I was touching her through the wall.

"Please open the door" it took a few minutes but she opened the door eventually. I watched as she stood there in front of me, in her clothes from today, she had no make up on and her eyes were all puffy from crying.

"Please tell me this is actually you and I'm not imagining you, everyone thinks I'm going crazy and I can't bear this anymore. Please tell me you're real" she said in one huge breath. I couldn't enter inside because of the barrier and since this isn't her home I needed to be invited in.

"Invite me in and I'll show you, I promise" she took a while but nodded her head and gestured me to come inside. I entered then walked straight up to her, our bodys were inches apart, she was looking up at me. I placed both my hands on her cheeks, my face was now right infront of hers.

"You can feel me yeah?" she nodded.

"If you were imagining my you wouldnt be able to feel me" I couldn't bear it any longer, I leaned in and kissed her immediatly. She didn't pull away or hesitate, which I wasn't expecting. Her arms were now wrapped around my neck as the kiss got more heated and in the moment, my arms left her cheeks and were now on her hips. I picked her up and we entered the bedroom. I've missed her so much.

-Steph-

I woke up with a feeling i haven't felt in a very long time. The feeling of Damons arms wrapped around me tightly, as if he didn't want to let me go, in bed again. Two whole years I haven't had this feeling. I turned around slowly and saw him sleeping peacefully. I've missed him so so much it's unbelievable. I realised I was still naked so I grabbed Damons shirt that was on the floor next to my bed and put it on. I walked into the kitchen and made myself a coffe when the doorbell rang. I went to the door and shocked myself when I realised who it was.

"Jack?? What are you doing here?" I asked as my mouth was about to drop.

"Surprise! I've come to see you!" he said, hugging me tightly.