Dead

The next day, Kanan was on the command ship walking through the halls. He was stopped when a hand was placed on his shoulder;the hand belonging to Ahsoka. Kanan turned around to face the togruta.

"What's up, Ahsoka?"

"I've called a meeting on the Ghost. It's important," Ahsoka told.

"What about?" Kanan questioned. "Another op?"

Ahsoka shook her head, "No. But, it's best you come to the meeting."

"Alright," Kanan confirmed as he followed Ahsoka back to the ship he called home. She lead him to the common room where the rest of the crew was gathered.

Rae slightly gripped her wound on her stomach as she sat in between Sabine and Zeb. Ezra's scar on his shoulder had healed enough that he now wore his normal orange shirt. Kanan stood next to Zeb as he sat on the couch.

Standing in front of the group, Ahsoka began, "I called you all to this meeting to share with you some very important news. Though, I fear it may not be good news for much longer."

"What's up?" Zeb asked.

"As Athena would say: the opposite of down," Ahsoka remarked. A sting of hurt felt through the group as her name was so casually mentioned. "And...that's what I came to talk about. Athena. She's alive."

The group was obviously wide-eyed and shocked at this news. Chopper even seemed surprised as he let out a string of beeps.

"She is?" Kanan asked, seeming to have a little bit of disbelief in his eyes.

Nodding, Ahsoka further explained, "We received information that she was being transported from a Lothalian prison as no one had recognized her until now."

"That's great! We can rescue her!" Sabine said with a cheerful voice.

"But," Ahsoka interrupted. "There's a problem."

"Isn't there always?" Ezra remarked.

Brushing away Ezra's remark, Hera asked, "What is it, Ahsoka?"

Ahsoka seemed to falter on words as she stood there, seemingly unsure whether or not to tell them something.

"We have information that she is to be transported to the Sith Lord you and Kanan had encountered on Lothal, " Ahsoka answered Ezra.

"We can still find out where she is, can't we? We can just find the Sith Lord," Rae questioned.

"The Sith Lord has proven to be very elusive. I cannot ever seem to find anything that would lead us to him."

The hope seemed to dim in the crew's eyes as Ahsoka had told them this. The light that had sparked for a pure moment quickly faded. It showed very prominently in the crew as they let this news settle in their minds.

Kanan looked to the ground and crossed his arms. He asked, "So, why are you telling us this?"

"I figured that you all have a right to know that we are doing everything in our ability to find where the Sith Lord is as well as Athena," Ahsoka explained.

"Alright, Ahsoka, thank you," Hera said as she stood and looked at her crew. "Alright, let's keep up our hope."

Later, Hera walked into the kitchen as she searched for Kanan. She had been looking over the ship for him as he had not been seen much after Ahsoka had informed them about was like a cat, Hera noticed. Whenever something were to strike the crew with a hard blow, he'd always be forced to take on the leadership role and act that everything was ok when he was around the others. When he was alone, this wasn't the case; and Hera knew it.