A mother's lullaby

The group had gotten back to their hotel room as they had returned back, all in good condition after Athena had to heal the others for good measures.

As everyone else was inside the hotel room, Kanan stood in solitude on the railing just outside of the hotel door. He looked at the passing cars and the city lights beyond him as he contemplated everything. His breaths were soft as he recentered himself from how shaken he was from Abeloth and seeing his little sister being shot in the head. He had never cried so much in so long until that moment. When he was had his final duel with the Grand Inquisitor and Ezra fell and he thought his Padawan had died, he kept calm and carried on the fight. Maybe it was because he didn't have confirmation that Ezra was dead, he didn't feel his life-Force being taken from the universe.

Athena confronted Kanan about the fight and her having to pull the trigger a little later, but she needed to say nothing. The siblings made a silent agreement to not tell anyone of Athena's heroic act by killing herself and Abeloth. They just got Athena back, they didn't need to know that Athena died in the process. Athena moved the green cloth that covered her left eye to cover the blaster shot that went right through her head.

The confrontation with Abeloth had disturbed him so much just by looking at her. He couldn't imagine what Athena must've felt having been possessed by her. He had confronted a Sith Lord and yet his power measured almost nothing compared to Abeloth.

Kanan was taken out of his train of thought when he heard the door behind him open. It was his dad.

He closed the door behind him and came over to the side of his son, also leaning against the railing.

Letting out a soft chuckle, Onthant commented, "So, is this what it's like in the rebellion?"

"I don't think that Abeloth can even be compared to the Empire," Kanan admitted.

"Yeah..."

"So, how's Syla doing?" Kanan asked. "Her eye ok?"

"Don't know. She won't let anyone near her. I could tell her shoulder was pretty burnt up. If that's what happened to her eye..." Onthant trailed off. "I'm just glad to have her and Cyla back."

Kanan slightly smirked and turned back to the horizon, he asked as his smile dissolved, "Dad...did you ever cry over losing someone?"

"Of course.I cried for a good long time when your mother was killed. But, she really was gone for a good long time until today. I cried when I had to give you and your sister up too. Heck, I even cried over my brother once or twice."

"You have a brother?" Kanan asked, intrigued. "I never knew."

As he seemed to get angry at the thought, Onthant said, "I don't consider him my brother anymore."

"What happened?"

"Last I knew, he's working for the Empire. I know he didn't just run off to join voluntarily. I know he was taken by them. What I can't stand is that he complied and became one of them; became an Inquisitor."

"You brother was Force-sensitive?" Kanan asked, his eyes wide.

"Yeah, he actually was your mother's Padawan. He was too old to join the Order when she found him in the Under City, so she just trained him there as he was still with the family. He was my little brother and I felt a responsibility for him. I don't know where it came from, though. I wasn't his parent."

"I know the same feeling," Kanan commented. "What was his name?"

"We didn't have the same dad, so we have different last names.I'm a Solarburn, he's a Hikra," Onthant said."Why are you asking about this topic anyway?"