Not good enough

The group soon found themselves in the backseats of the minivan the Novella's drove. Mr. and Mrs. Novella sat in the front with Mrs. Novella driving. Rae sat between Kanan and Onthant in the row right behind the driver's seats and Athena sat between Martin and Ezra in the very back row.

Athena noticed Ezra glancing at Martin every once and awhile. He seemed to be...jealous? Then again, one probably wouldn't blame Ezra. Martin was fairly good looking and seemed very nice. And...plus the fact he was in a relationship with her probably added salt to the wound.

Athena made sure to keep a good distance between Kanan and Martin as she feared Kanan would go way overboard on being her protective brother. She could tell he didn't really like him. Onthant on the other hand had his small suspicions, but knew nothing much.

The church brought them to was quite beautiful and ornate on the inside and out. Martin took off his hoodie to show that he was wearing a nice polo shirt of the color red underneath. The group insisted to sit in the back of the church in a lonely pew, despite the urging of the Reverend and Janet. Martin soon went off for the church choir and Mrs. Novella went up to the front of the church to sit.

"So, this is a church?" Ezra looked around in wonder.

"Yeah, I've been coming to this church since I was eleven as many Sundays as I could manage. It's a nice place to get away for one morning of the week," Athena told as she looked around the church as people started to file in.

"You've been going here for a while then," inferred Onthant.

"Uh huh. I really liked it here."

"So, how long does this usually last?" Kanan asked.

"About one to two hours," answered Athena. "If you guys don't feel comfortable about all the Christianity stuff, it's ok for us to leave and sit in the parking lot. Say one of us didn't feel well."

"We've been teaching you about the Jedi religion back with the rebellion," Kanan spoke softly. "I think it's good that we can understand your religion more."

"Thanks," Athena said.

Athena soon turned her head when a hand tapped her shoulder. She saw Martin with a slightly concerned look on his face.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Athena asked.

"You can play the piano, right? Kyle got sick from the leftover eggnog," Martin asked.

"Are you joking right now? I thought he was lactose-intolerant!" Athena had an annoyed look on her face.

"Exactly!"

Letting out an exaggerated sigh, Athena stood up, "I swear...Yes. I can," Athena turned to the others. "Is it ok if I-"

"Go on. It's alright," Onthant assured.

"Thanks," Athena turned to Martin and the two went off in another direction.

Turning to the others, Ezra asked, "What's a piano?"

"It's an instrument," Rae told. "I honestly didn't know she played."

"I didn't either," commented Kanan.

"What else don't you guys know about the kid?" Onthant questioned.

"She's not too much into talking about her past. I guess some pretty bad stuff happened while she was on Earth," Ezra told.

Having a questioning look on his face, Onthant asked, "Like what?"

"Nothing," Kanan quickly stated. Avoiding hurting his father's feelings.