Climb the extra mile

"Alright, I have a plan, guys," Athena said as she entered through the door of their hotel room.

"Where were you? I thought you were 'getting some fresh air'! That shouldn't take an hour!" Kanan questioned.

"I was meditating, dumbo," Athena glared at her brother. "And I think I got a plan for tonight."

"You 'think'?" Rae asked. "That doesn't sound too convincing."

"Shut up and listen, ok? Do you want the universe to end by tomorrow or what?" Athena rhetorically asked.

"What is it?" Ezra asked.

"Alright, so I can't bring my lightsaber with me. Apparently, there's this barrier or something that allows no weapons inside her prison. I'll just be wearing what I have on me, no weapons. To get inside, I'll need Mom's Holocron. I know Holocrons can act as keys and this one is special. Once I go inside her prison, a whole bunch of demons are going to come after Earth. That's where you guys come in.

"The prison, I sense, is at the arch. I'll sneak through the party for New Year's Eve to get to the top where I'll enter the prison. While I'm in there: you guys will have to protect the citizens from the demons that get out and try to lure them away from the people. I'll do my best to at least keep her inside her prison for the first minutes of the New Year when she can break out."

"How will you get out?" Onthant asked.

"Best case scenario: I'll kill her and give myself enough time to break out like she would've done. Worse scenario: I will be stuck in her prison for a full year. Worst case scenario: Abeloth will escape and kill us all," Athena told. "There's a 66% chance that the universe will live to see another day."

"That's pretty good odds," Ezra concurred. "What's the chance of us seeing you again by tomorrow?"

Looking gravely at Ezra, Athena told, "33% at best. If I don't make it back, there is no possibility of me getting out for a good year. And that's if she doesn't kill me."

A sense of solemn washed over them all when they were given those statistics. They really weren't sure what to say. What were you supposed to say? What are you supposed to say when your friend, your crush, your sister, your daughter, tells you that she has a 66% of not seeing the light of day tomorrow?What was there to be said?

"We leave at 23:00 hours. Prepare yourselves, the fate of the universe is on our shoulders now."

It was 22:45 now and the crew readied themselves to fight off a whole army of demons that was promised at the opening of Abeloth's door. Athena was in the bathroom at this time getting changed while the others readied their weapons. Athena gave her lightsaber to Kanan for safe keeping. Kanan loaned Onthant his blaster since he couldn't fight with two lightsabers and a blaster at once. Onthant carried Cyla's lightsaber in case they needed it. Rae and Ezra both carried their usual lightsabers.

When Athena came out of the bathroom, the others were taken back by her attire. Her outfit was all was a thick material; almost feeling like thin chains sewn together. The neck on the outfit was high on her neck with a little rhombus the color of gold in the center of her throat. The back had no material past her neck until the tops of Athena's waist, showing Athena's scarred back from fights long ago. The front of the top had a small circle cut out just below her collarbone. The shirt stretched down to Athena's wrists when they were at her sides. Dark grey pants of the same material were worn underneath, rhombus shapes cut out down the sides of them. She wore blood red boots that went up against her calf. Two red straps acted as a belt as they crossed over her lower abdomen and met at a gold hexagon with a piece of black and red cloth that looked like a tie attached to it.