Climb

Onthant looked at Kanan and Athena and let out a half-chuckle.

"You grew up so much."

Onthant had nearly the same voice he had when Athena had heard him in her dream so long ago or when he was shown in the hologram. He had only a slight New Yorker accent when he spoke. The man seemed almost in disbelief as he looked at his younger doppelganger.

"Wait, this is your dad? He looks just like you, Kanan. But older," commented Ezra.

Looking at Kanan with confusion, Onthant questioned, "Kanan?"

"It's the name I go by. Kanan Jarrus," he gestured to Athena. "She goes by Athena Jarrus. I changed my name after the Empire took over. We're with the rebellion now." Kanan turned to Athena. "We better get her back to the rebellion. She's been gone for a while and it's time she came back home."

Athena took a step away and shook her head, she denied, "I can't."

"Wh-what do you mean?" Rae asked. "You're coming back to the rebellion, aren't you?"

"I can't go back right now. I have business to do here," Athena told.

With confusion on his face, Ezra questioned, "What 'business'?"

Athena shook her head again, she said, "I don't think you'd understand."

"Athena...we came here to bring you back. The Ghost is in orbit. We have to go," Kanan urged.

With a somber look in her eyes she sighed, Athena denied, "I can't. I have to go."

"Syla Dume, I don't know what got in you but we have to go home," Kanan said in a stern voice. "I don't understand what you're talking about."

Contemplating about what to say, Athena looked at the ground in thought. She finally opened her mouth to speak, but was short on words. Then she decided just to take it from Empire day. She told of the Inquisitors finding her on the Lothal prison and her being taken to Vader on Lola Sayu and her training there. She told that she hardly remembered anything before she blacked out and found herself on Earth and what the agent said to made sure to not mention anything about her being the Keeper. Athena explained up to the point of showing up in Times Square before she finished.

"Who's Abeloth?" Ezra questioned.

Athena explained, "She's known as Bringer of Chaos. Once known as Mother to the Ones. She turned evil and the Son and Daughter kept her imprisoned her inside of Earth until they died. She's the most powerful being known in the universe. If she breaks out...she'll destroy the universe."

"Inquisitors are after you guys on a daily bases?" Onthant questioned, looking at Kanan and Athena.

Kanan gestured to Rae and Ezra, he told, "For all of us. Ezra here is my Padawan and Rae is also a Jedi-in-training."

Ezra questioned,"Why does the government want you to fight Abeloth now?"

Sighing, Athena explained, "They know she's starting to break out. Having the powers of nature from growing up on Earth, they believe I'm the only one that can keep her at bay. If I don't get to St. Louis by New Years Eve, the entire universe will be destroyed if I don't keep her in her prison."

"Why such a certain date?" Rae asked. "Why not any other day?"

"Because that's when the balance of the Force is the most vulnerable," explained Athena. "If I don't fight her, she will escape."

"And we'll all die," summed up Kanan.

"I have to keep her in her prison. She's already realising some of her minions onto Earth," Athena told.