Chapter 27: Enjoying the Vacay

The waiters arrival has broken the spell. And I grasp this precious moment of clarity.

We just arrive at Venice, we were picked up by a chauffer from the Gritti Palace hotel, which was booked ahead of time by Ezra. He really is amazing.
The Gritti Palace Hotel is located along Venice's Grand Canal. Murano glass chandelier hang from the ceiling. Lorenzo Rubelli fabrics bedeck the accomodations, art adorns the walls and the property's original terrazo floors, from when the palace commisioned to be built by Doge of Venice Andrea Gritti in 1475, can be found throughout. Our room feature glass chandeliers, antique furnitures, marble bathroom, and incredibly comfortable bed linens.

"Do we have an iterinary for the rest of the day? Or can I just stay in this comfortable bed and take a rest." I asked while I lay on the bed.

"Ofcourse we do. Already planned it."Ezra looking at me intently. He walks closer towards me and sit at the edge of the bed and take my right hand with his both hands. Carressed it. Then intertwined it with his left hand and moved his right hand to my face, brushing off the hair strands that covers it. "But if you're tired. It's fine to skip it now. We can do it tomorrow."

I get up, smiling. "Nah, I'd rather explore Venice. I'm excited for what you have planned actually."I stared at Ezra with a glint of smile in my eyes. " Now, tell me, where are we going?"

"I could show you better than I could tell you."He answers.

"What exactly would you show me?" I asked out of curiousity.

"Venice. Not the tourist version. The real venice. The exciting venice. I'll show you around."

"Hmm.. I dont know..."My phone rings, I pick it up and saw the my Mom's name on the screen. "Uh, give me a sec, I should check in with my Mom."

After a ten minutes chat with Mom asking me how I'm doing so far. I just told her not to worry, I'm doing great, safe and wnjoying myself alone.

I walk back to Ezra.

"So, shall we?"

"Let's go explore Venice, then. I'm telling you, all that touristy crap can't even compare to the authentic Venice experience I have planned for you."

"I can't still believe this is happening." Eyeing him in amazement.

"What do you mean?"

"It's just that, this is so surreal. To be honest, i wasn't really into doing something impromptu, until I met you. I mean... I was single, to being inlove, to getting married. And doing what I wanted, travelling... with you, in a foreign city."

"So what your practically saying is— how lucky you are to have met me, because I put a Spice in your life."

"Whoa, tone it down a little. You are so full of yourself."I rolled my eyes at him.

"Haha. What? Oh come on now, wife." He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me into a tight hug and kissed my forehead. "I'm gonna take you on your very own, 'European Holiday'. Shall we, Wifey?"

I smiled. "Yes sir! Let's do this."

We head first to the Basilica di San Marco, the church was built in honor of Saint Marc the evangelist. Ezra bought tickets in advance, springing extra fee to skip the lines. How thoughtful of him. I haven't even thought about that.