Chapter Thirty-three

Sophia sat down, and waited for Emily to return from getting food from the car. They were both hungry after training. Sophia was happy to see Emily picking up her powers so easily. It was almost as if she had been practicing and training her whole life. And, Sophia had figured out that Emily has the ability to jump extremely high.

Sophia was still conflicted of how the monsters were finding them. Was it a sense of their powers? Was it just that the monsters were everywhere? Was there a mole?

Once, when Sophia had been younger, her grandmother had told her to "Beware the one who only feels one." It sent chills up Sophia's spine as she thought back on the warning.

Sophia sighed, and sent fire trailing across the sand, blazing with ferocity. A wave of water trailed up, and put out Sophia's fire. Sophia could see a layer of glass as the water drew back.

Where were the monsters coming from? Was there someone who had powers that was creating them? Someone who was driven by the chaotic powers of destruction, who can ironically create life just to destroy? That's what Sophia suspected. In her tribe, there had always been whispers of a second prophecy, one that foretold the uprising of evil, the creation of monsters, all to battle Good. And, that the gods and godesses were too weak to intervene, and it was up to Good to Bad.

The Elders always pushed aside the rumors, saying if there were another prophecy, one besides the one discussing the six, it would have been told to everyone. 

"I'm here~!" Emily chirped from behind Sophia. Sophia turned around, and saw Emily skipping towards her. "And, I brought you your Twizzlers!"

"Thank you," Sophia said, standing up and taking the package of candy from the girl who was seemingly eternally happy.