Chapter 29

song of chapter; all I want by kodaline because its such a damn good song.

Alex is portrayed by David Lambert because he's hot and as you may or may not know, I love the fosters.

ariana

Sun shone through my window the next morning. The heat that radiated off of it made me feel a little better than I have the last month since what happened to my mom.

Recently, school had just ended. Of course I graduated, along with Perrie and Luke dressed up in our green and gold gowns. It was so hard that my parents weren't there. But I now they're up there in heaven looking down upon me. And I still had my brothers who I love so much.

Since Niall and Harry left, I've been in contact with them both.

Yeah, even with Niall. Though my brothers not too fond of him. I dont know why, though.

I've decided not to be mad at him about one stupid kiss. He's a superstar from a whole different continent. I'm just a girl from the outskirts of Miami. There's no way any connection could have been made.

Touching the wooden floor of my room, quickly I went to my closet and changed into something comfortable that consisted of a pair of jeans and tank-top because it was scorching hot out, 98°. Grabbing my purple apron and purple hat, I grabbed the keys of my moms car and sat in the drivers seat.

If I ever wanted to go to college, I'd need money. And I can't get money by filming YouTube videos, or laying around eating popcorn while watching The Vampire Diaries on Netflix, or being on social media networks 24/7, now can I?

The answer to that is no. I don't have the luxury, like others. When you're tight on money,and not even an adult yet, (I'm barely turning 19 in a few weeks.) you have to know what you can and can't do. Especially when you have a younger brother with necessities. It's horrible.

"Hey, Alex. " I weakly smiled to the newest employee, aka an old good friend from middle school and ex middle school boyfriend, this being his first day of a full shift. We havent talked as much as we used to four years ago. He was as good as a friend as Luke(but a little middle school romance added, which was childish.) It's kind of scary how one day someone's your bestfriend, then the next day you don't talk as much, and then after a few weeks of not talking, you're basically strangers.

Our breakup was silly. We stayed best friends but decided to see other people. It makes me giggle at how childish we used to be looking back at it.

"Hey, Ariana." Alex returned the gesture, and went back to scooping a third scoop of rocky road for a cute old man. When the man paid, he came over to me. "So, how's life? Is Mike still obsessed with that girl, Avery? Oh and how's your mom?" He grinned and wiped off excess ice cream from the counter.

A frown found its way up to my face. He clearly knew nothing ever since we went our own ways in high school; me being mostly with Perrie and Luke, Alex in the school's band. "No, actually, Mike's in love with a girl named Gemma. Haven't you heard? It's over the social network." I slightly chuckled.

Alex shrugged. "I'm not much of an Internet guy. Though, I heard you kissed that dude from One Direction." He smirked, and looked up at me. A blush crept up its way to my cheeks,"That's so old."

"Anyways, what about your mom? How's she?" Alex walked toward me and smiled.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I hesitated on telling him. He did used to be my best friend. I could tell him, right? "She.. She um.. she, um, passed away about a month ago, Alex." I looked away from him, tears brimming in my eyes. God, I'm so weak.

"What?!" I could hear the pure shock in his tone of voice. It sounded like when I told him about my dad. Simply nodding, he engulfed me in a hug.

As he was about Mike's height, the top of my head barely met his chin and my face burried into his neck. His thumb traced my back and I sighed. Good thing this place was empty. Pulling back, I wiped my eyes and smiled warmly at him.

Changing the subject I asked,"How's Lanae?"

Alex smiled at the mention of his girlfriend of two years. "Great. Except she's leaving for university in two months. I mean, we all knew it was coming someday, but it's still sad, y'know?"

I shook my head and laughed. "No, I don't know."

The rest of the day was chilled. A few costumes came and left. Nothing packed as I expected it to be. Only a few preteens, and mothers with their children.

When Alex's shift was over, I sighed. It was around eight and the shop was lonely. My mind flooded back to when I found the green SnapBack laying near the table by where you order. It seemed so long ago. Before all this happened. But it was about three months ago. I shook my head.

Getting the dozen of ice cream scoopers and putting them under the sinks hot water, I waited. The bell on the shops door rang, and I quickly turned off the water. Wiping my hands on my purple apron, I turned around on the balls of my feet and looked up to the next customer.

My eyes went wide to see the dirty blond haired boy infront of me. "Niall? What are you doing here?!"

Without talking Niall made his way behind the counter and towards me. He was right infront of me, a little too close. Though, I didn't mind that much as I would've two months ago when I didn't know much about him.

Though, it confused me as to why he was here.

Grabbing my hand, he lead me to a table and I etched an eyebrow at him.

"So.. You know how we 'artists' have managers and people that control our life, right?" He started and it confused me even more. Not questioning him, I nodded.

"Right, okay." He cleared his throat. "And you know I don't always agree with them, right?" I nodded, yet again. "Okay so, a while ago I was told that um.. I sorta.. Uh.."

"Niall, just spit it out." I was tired of all this confusion and would rather him bluntly tell me.

"Ariana, my management said I have to fake date you because it would m-"

"What?!" I spluttered. He was joking, right? I am not going to date a guy just because some old men want me to. That would make me loose my freaking dignity. "No, Niall. Are you out of your freaking mind?!"

"Please," he pleaded,"Please! If this doesn't happen, they will break our contract and I can't to that to the others, just because of this. Look, it's just fake dating. You can go out with whoever you want, but in secret. It'll be over before you know it. If it makes you feel better, I'm not fond of it either."

I shook my head. "No." Anger was clearly evident on my face.

"Please, do it for me? If not, for the money! Or think of One Direction's fans? Please?"

And as much as I wanted to say no again, I couldn't. I couldn't do that to the fans. And I couldn't do that to the world, even if it meant loosing what was left of my dignity. So, huffing, I said "Okay."

-

this turned out rubbish; sorry.

Qotc: should she have brown or red hair?