chapter four

Shout out to @TheJollyRoger91 for getting the reason why the two were sent back in time, correct.

And yes, their mission— should they choose to accept it— is to play parent trap. 

Here's chapter four!

    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ C H A P T E R  F O U R ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    

Once they were all done training, Allie and James were the first ones to leave the room. Not even having the chance to get introduced to Sharon, which just made her more reluctant of the two.

Sharon went up to Steve and asked if he wanted to eat dinner with her on the terrace. He accepted immediately and excused themselves from the team to head out first.

"Doesn't it bother you that I'm sweaty?" she asked, referring to the arm draped around her.

Steve chuckled. "No, Sharon."

She looked up, making a few strands of blonde hair fall past her forehead. "Even if I smell bad?"

He rolled his eyes in amusement. "Even if you sweat like a barbarian—"

"Hey!" she pouted.

"I don't care because you're here with me now." he finished, smiling cheekily. "That's what matters."

Sharon blushed, wrapping an arm around his waist to hug him tighter. "You're such a tease." she cooed.

Once they got to the elevators, she told him to wait for her on the terrace while she goes to take a shower and order take-out. Steve, being the gentleman that he is, told her to not bother since he initially planned to cook for their dinner.

"I'll be right back." she gave him a lasting kiss on the lips before stepping into the elevator. "Just so you know, you're welcome to step inside the shower anytime." she winked at him just before the doors closed.

Steve visibly reddened. Shaking his head at her naughty offer before proceeding to the kitchen. Once he got there, he immediately started getting to work. He opened the fridge to see if he could find anything worth cooking.

His eyes then spotted a whole chicken. He grinned. "Hey, FRIDAY?"

"Yes, Captain Rogers?" The AI responded within seconds.

"Is someone planning to cook this chicken?" he asked.

"No, Captain. But it was just brought in this morning from the market — still fresh as ever."

Steve rubbed his hands in excitement. "Good." He took out the chicken, got some herbs and spices from the pantry and laid them all out on the kitchen countertop. He started to preheat the oven for later purposes.

He shrugged off his jacket and wore his apron — one sporting of a stars and stripes design in favor of his Captain America title. He started off with the vegetables, slicing them down to his desired cuts. Then he turned on the stove, tossing some oil before pouring in the vegetables. He continued to stir-fry while adding the seasoning.

"Get a whiff of that." 

He looked over his shoulder to see Natasha smiling at him.