16. meeting - richie tozier

Requested?:
Yes: [✔️] ; by @Mckenna004
No: []

Song?: No

a/n: this is a continuation of a previous imagine, "obsessed"

Richie straightened out his shirt, before tucking it into his pants. "You look like Stan, Rich," Eddie commented, making him untuck the shirt again. Stan glared at Eddie, but didn't say anything. "If you don't chill out, you're gonna sweat through another shirt."

Richie was currently getting ready for dinner with his girlfriend, McKenna, and her parents. The Losers Club, reluctantly, decided to help him out, since Richie can be a bit much, especially for adults. They coaxed him out of wearing a Hawaiian shirt like usual, and instead forced him into a collared button-up, complimentary from Eddie.

"I can't help it," Richie sighed. "I'm nervous. What if her parents don't like me?"

Bill rolled his eyes. "They wuh-will like you, Richie. Just cuh-cuh-calm down. You're guh-gonna make yourself s-s-sick. You'll buh-be fine."

"If you do everything you usually wouldn't do," Stan added. Richie narrowed his eyes. "I'm just saying that sometimes you can be a little exhausting."

"A little?" Eddie asked.

Bill stepped in. "You guh-guys aren't h-helping him." Bill placed a hand on Richie's shoulder. "It'll all be oh-okay, Rich. Just buh-be yourself. If they duh-don't like you, then s-screw them. McKenna likes you and th-th-that's all th-that matters."

Richie gave a small smile. "Thanks, Bill." Richie looked at himself in the mirror. "I can do this!" The doorbell rang, signaling that McKenna was here. "I can't do this!"

"Stop being a baby and get out there!" Eddie shoved him towards the front door. "You're making your woman wait!" The boys closed his bedroom door, so McKenna wouldn't see them inside. Richie could embarrass himself on his own, and didn't need their help.

Richie took a deep breath before opening the front door. "Hey," he greeted the girl. She had pinned back a few pieces of her hair, and a few strands fell against her face, framing her glasses and hazel eyes perfectly. She was wearing a dark green dress that came to her knees, and she wore flats on her feet. "You look amazing," Richie couldn't take his eyes off her.

"Thanks, Rich. You clean up nicely," she gave him a wink before pecking his cheek. "C'mon, we don't wanna be late." Richie took her hand and shut the door. They began to walk towards McKenna's house, which was a few streets down. McKenna sensed his nerves. "Are you okay? Don't be scared, Richie. They are going to love you, I know it."

He squeezed her hand with a smile. "Thanks, babe," he responded, and she nodded. They turned down her street, then walked up to her front door. Richie glanced over at her, before quickly kissing her lips. McKenna blushed, but opened the door.

McKenna led Richie into the dining room, where her parents were already sitting. When they saw their daughter walk in, they stood up and greeted them. "Mom, Dad, this is Richie," she introduced him, and he gave a small wave.

"It's nice to finally meet you, young man," her father said, shaking Richie's hand firmly. "We've heard a lot about you."

Richie glanced at McKenna. "All good things I hope, Sir," he responded, making the man laugh. McKenna gave Richie a look from the side, considering she's never heard him be so polite.

McKenna's mother came over to them and wrapped the boy in a hug. He tensed, but hugged the woman back. "Oh, you're even more handsome than McKenna told us," she beamed.

"Mom," McKenna groaned, turning red. Richie thanked her and subtly nudged McKenna with his elbow, along with wiggling his eyebrows. She gave him a death glare in response.

They sat down for dinner, which was some sort of fancy pasta dish that Richie had never heard of and probably couldn't pronounce. "So, Richie," her father started, sending a wave of nerves through the boy's body. "How did the two of you meet?"

"At school," Richie replied easily, quietly letting out a breath. "We have math together. She's way better at it than me though," he chuckled, causing the parents to laugh as well. It wasn't so bad, well, at least not as bad as he thought it would be. He was expecting a full-on interrogation.

McKenna's mother asked the next question. "What do you like to do, Richie? In your free time, I mean?"

"Well, I usually hang out with my friends or with McKenna. Sometimes we go to the quarry, or the arcade, or over to my house," he answered. The two adults nodded, seeming pleased with his response.

The rest of dinner went that way. McKenna's parents asked Richie some questions about school and their relationship, but nothing too serious or harsh. Richie managed to contain any cussing or inappropriate jokes, but cracked a few parent-friendly ones that made the two adults laugh.

Richie could tell that McKenna's parents genuinely cared about their daughter and wanted to make sure she was taken care of at all times. Dinner came to an end, and McKenna's parents bid Richie goodbye. "It was nice to meet you, young man. I hope to see you around sometime soon?" her father called as the two kids walked out the front door.

"Yes, Sir," he answered. McKenna's mother gave a wave, and the door closed behind them. They began walking back to Richie's house, hand in hand once again.

McKenna looked over and saw a sad look on Richie's face. Trying to lighten the mood, she said, "See, that wasn't so bad." He glanced over at her and gave a half-hearted smile. McKenna stopped as the reached his front porch, tugging Richie backwards. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he answered, walking up the steps towards his front door.

McKenna grabbed his arm. "That's bullshit, Richie," she exclaimed. He gazed at her with solemn eyes. "Tell me what's wrong, please."

Richie sighed and sat down, leaning against the door. "It's just, your family is so perfect. Your parents love you so much. I just, I just wish I had that. My parents don't care about me."

McKenna placed herself beside him. "Richie," she started. "Your parents don't know what an amazing son they have. They're missing out on so much."

"I can never be the perfect guy that you deserve though. I haven't had anyone to guide me like you have, and it's made me a fuck-up," Richie sighed.

McKenna shook her head. "Hey, hey, don't say that. You're not a fuck-up. You're great." She paused. "Not everyone needs they're parents to raise them their whole lives. Heck, I've met this wonderful guy, and even though his parents haven't been around to see him grow up, he turned out pretty okay."

Richie smiled at her. "Thanks, McKenna," he said. He sat silently for a moment. "You weren't talking about someone other guy, were you?" he asked, looking at her.

McKenna laughed. "No, silly," she laughed. "I'm talking about you. My handsome, funny, amazing boyfriend." Richie turned red, and she giggled, poking his cheeks. "Aw, did I embarrass you?"

Richie rolled his eyes. "Shut up," he mumbled, turning a darker shade. She squished his cheeks and he huffed crossing his arms.

"Aw, I'm sorry, Richie," she chuckled, pecking his cheek. When she leaned in to do it again, Richie turned his head and caught her lips with his. She giggled against his lips but kissed him back, wrapping her arms around his neck. She pulled away after a minute. "I gotta go, Rich," she said sadly.

Richie nodded. "Okay," he whispered, kissing her lips quickly one more time. "I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" he asked.

"Yeah," McKenna agreed, standing up and walking down to the street. "Bye, Rich." She waved, and he did the same.

Richie watched her until he couldn't see her anymore. "You're my family, McKenna," he whispered to her, even though he knew she couldn't hear him. "And I love you."