04. My Eyes Are Up Here

Richie had woken up before Victoria and decided he would let her sleep in for a while. He just sat there, looking around his room when his eyes traveled over to her. Her. He thought she was so beautiful without even trying. He would stare at her all day if he could. He groaned loudly at his foolishness. I can't fall in love with my bestfriend. He must have let out his sound of frustration a little to loud because Victoria began to wake up. He didn't want her to think he had been staring at her so he did the only logical thing he could think of. He threw himself on the floor.

"Richie?" Victoria asked while rubbing her eyes, her voice was a little deeper than usual due to the fact that she had just woken up.

"H-hey!"

"What are you doing?" She giggled and he swore his heart melted.

"Oh..I uh..fell" He said almost as if it were a question.

"You dork. How?" She laughed.

"I don't know. I was gonna wake you up and I guess I lost my balance"

"Dummy" She teased.

______________________________________

Victoria spit a loogie over the edge, failing miserably and it landed near her feet.

"No! That doesn't count! I wasn't ready!" She yelled.

"Your spitting game is weak" Richie laughed as he realized the words that came out of his mouth. He widened his eyes and Victoria jokingly winked at him. He looked away, his ears turning pink while Stan stared at him mockingly.

Eddie was after her and he took a little longer than everyone else to prepare. Everyone stared at him in slight disgust until he finally spit one out, it didn't go very far.

"What the hell was that?! It was almost worse than Vic's!" He yelled as both Eddie and Victoria glared at him.

"It's about the size!"

"Why would we care about the size?!" Richie yelled.

"I'll go" Beverly said from behind the kids. The boys kept their eyes glued to her as she undressed but Victoria smiled at her braveness. She liked her.
Beverly ran past the losers and into the water. "Sisses" She mocked.

"What the fuck?! We just got shown up by a girl!" Victoria glared at him for his sexist comment. Richie motioned his hand out towards her, signalling for her to hold it so they could jump in together like they always did.

"Not today Rich" She said, jumping off. Richie jumped in next followed by each boy. Beverly and Victoria were at the bottom, making fun of them as they waited.

"You bitch! You left me!" Richie yelled to Victoria in mock-offense.

"Ow! Please stop yelling Rich" She said, putting her hand over her ear."And im sorry but we had to go alone one day" She chuckled.

Beverly watched as the best friends argued slightly. She watched how Richie refused to take his eyes off of Victoria and how Victoria stared into his eyes lovingly. She smirked at herself. They so like each other.

"I don't know, maybe if you gave me a kiss it would make me feel better" He shook his head as Vic snorted.

"You're pathetic" She shook her head smiling.

"I know I am now pay up" He said, pointing to a spot on his cheek. She rolled her eyes, giving in as their friends watched amusedly. She leaned in to kiss his cheek but he turned his head at the last second so that she would kiss his lips. She pulled back immediately, a blush spreading on her cheeks.

"Richie!" She yelled as he laughed his ass off.

"Im sorry but I saw the chance and I took it!" He defended, still laughing. She splashed water on him as he continued laughing. She sighed and he hugged her from behind. "Sorry Vic" He mumbled into her ear.

"Whatever, at least I got my first kiss over with" She sighed.

______________________________________

Victoria sang along to 'Bust A Move' By Young MC as she conversed slightly with Beverly. She could feel Richie's gaze on her and she smiled lightly.

"Rich?" She spoke up.

"Yeah?" He asked dreamily.

"My eyes are up here" She winked as everyone laughed. He turned red in embarrassment as he began to look for something to distract the attention from him.

"Newsflash Ben! School's out for summah'!" He yelled, digging through the backpack Ben had brought. Vic went and sat by him as she looked as well. Richie pulled out a card with a poem on it and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Who gave you this?" Richie chuckled as Ben snatched it away.

"No one!" He yelled defensively, silently praying that Beverly wouldn't see.

"Woah. What's with the history project?" Eddie asked, referring to the news articles stowed away in Ben's backpack.

Richie and Victoria were looking at the papers, Vic was a little too close for Richie's liking and he began to feel nervous. His leg started shaking and his heart was beating rapidly. 'What the fuck' Vic mouthed as Richie tried to calm down. She made him feel weird. He would either be flirting with her nonstop or he could barely even talk to her.

"You okay Rich?" She asked, putting her hand on his knee. He practically jumped at the feeling of her hand.

"Im fine!" He yelled as his voice cracked majorly.

"Jeez okay, take a chill pill would ya' Rich?" She teased, narrowing her eyes and the nervous boy.

______________________________________

"Wow!" Richie exclaimed, walking into Ben's room.

"Cool right?" He proudly asked.

"No, not cool at all"

"This is totally normal right?" Vic whispered to Richie as he shook his head no.

"Ooh! This is cool!....wait, no it's not" Richie teased.

"What's that?" Eddie asked, pointing to a paper on the wall.

"It's the charter for Derry's township. It used to be a beaver packing town." Ben explained.

"STILL IS AM I RIGHT BOYS?!" Richie yelled, raising his hand to earn a high-five. Victoria was the only one to do so as everyone rolled their eyes at the "dynamic duo". Richie didn't let go of Vic's hand, instead he intertwined their fingers and left it there.

"91 people signed it, but that winter they all disappeared without a trace" Ben continued, ignoring Richie and Victoria.

"All of them?" Stan asked.

"The only clue was a trail of bloody clothes leading to the well house" Ben quietly said.

"Shit" Richie and Victoria said in unison.