Friends

Prompt: Ok so a lot of people have requested me writing about how Richie and Victoria met but they were literally two so I wrote other moments they had when they were young

A two-year-old Richie Tozier sat in his backyard as his new neighbors moved in. He didn't know much about them but then again he didn't know much at all. He knew they were all girls.

Maria Peña unloaded things from the moving truck along with help from a five-year-old Yvette who insisted that she help her mother. Victoria sat quietly in the grass, picking at flowers. She was bored and needed something to entertain herself. She noticed a lizard running along and followed it quietly until it noticed her presence and began to run. She chased it into her backyard but it passed through the chain-link fence and into her neighbors yard. It was then that she noticed a boy around her age. He grabbed the lizard quickly and stared at it in confusion.

He handed it over to her through the gap in the fence. He was quite nervous for this was pretty much the first person his age he had talked to. He didn't know what to say, not only because he didn't know many words but because he was nervous. He was also terrified of lizards or really bugs in general but at the same exact time he thought he was soooo cool for catching it in front of her.

"Thanks" She smiled, grabbing the lizard and petting it to calm it down. The two young children stood there in silence. "Im Victoria"

"Richie" He smiled back, a blush spreading across his cheeks.

"Richie..." She spoke, trying to say his name right. "Friends?" She asked the bashful boy and he simply nodded in response.

"Victoria!" Maria called her daughter from inside and Vic waved goodbye to her new friend before running inside her new house.

____________________________________

Age: 7

"Why do you only hang out with boys?" Greta Keene teased Victoria as she quietly did her work.

"Why do you look like a boy?" Vic shot back, laughing at her own joke. Greta was taken aback, smirking at Victoria before raising her hand.

"Ms! Victoria said I look like a boy!" Greta tattled and Victoria rolled her eyes.

"You're so annoying" Victoria sighed, placing her face in her hands. Victoria's teacher handed her a red slip of paper that said "refocus form".

"You can do this during lunch" Ms. Sawyer smiled at Vic and she groaned loudly. Vic looked over to Richie, who sat across the room because they weren't allowed to sit together. He was laughing at his best friend that just received lunch detention as the boys who sat next to him laughed as well. Victoria sighed, grabbing her sharpener and pencil before walking over to the trash can conveniently placed next to Richie's table.

"Hey. How nice of you to join me" Richie smirked at his best friend as she pretended to sharpen her pencil.

"Shut up. But think about it. You don't wanna have recess without your best friend, do you?" Vic raised an eyebrow. Richie turned back around, looking at Stan, Eddie and Bill before sighing loudly.

"Fine! I'll get lunch detention" He sighed and Vic clapped her hands together excitedly. She hugged her best friend, kissing him on the cheek happily.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!" She smiled and Richie blushed. The boys 'awwwed' loudly, receiving a 'shut up' from the two. Victoria went back to her seat, making eye contact with him and he sighed before nodding.

"SHIT!" He yelled loudly.

"Richie!"

"Yes Ms. Sawyer?" He asked.

"Detention"

____________________________________
Age 10

"Do you think the new girl likes Richie?" Vic asked Stanley, staring as Richie talked to the newest addition to their classroom.

"Maybe.." He shrugged. "Why do you care?" He smirked.

"Well he is my best friend...I just want him to date someone cool"

"Like you?" He raised an eyebrow expectantly.

"No..." She avoided his gaze, crossing her arms. Stan sighed loudly, putting his book down before looking her straight in the eye.

"So you don't like Richie?" He asked in disbelief.

"Uh no...he's just my best friend. Nothing else" She shook her head, scoffing.

"Suuure"

"Well I mean, maybe a little bit" She sighed, giving in. "Okay. A lot a bit"

"I knew it!" Stan smiled proudly.

"Don't tell anyone or I'll punch you" Vic threatened.

"Oh I won't. Trust me"

"I still don't trust you. Pinkie promise" She said, raising her little finger up and Stan sighed loudly.

"But I don't wanna" He groaned. Victoria quickly punched him in the arm. "Oww" He complained, rubbing the spot where he got hit. He reluctantly lifted his pinkie up, wrapping it around hers.

"Promise bitch"

"I promise" He sighed and she smiled proudly.

"Thank you" She grinned and he couldn't help but smile at the expression on her face.