16. Bad Dreams

Richie couldn't remember the events leading up to this. It was all a blur. He had been with Vic and Bill came rushing in saying something about it. And now here he was, running through the sewers looking for Victoria.

Where was she?

His heart was beating heavily and he wanted to cry but he couldn't. He didn't have time to cry.

Victoria is the only thing that matters.

"Richie! We need to stick together!" Stan yelled but Richie just shook his head. He didn't care, he only cared about finding her.

"Well then hurry the fuck up!" He yelled as the losers stared at him pitifully.

"RICHIE!" A bloodcurdling scream was heard.

"VICTORIA!" He yelled as everyone rushed to the sound of the voice.

They were met with a grizzly sight. Pennywise had been holding her by the neck against the wall. She struggled to breath as he choked the life out of her. Richie was ready to attack the clown there and then but his friends held him back.

"LET HER GO YOU ASSHOLE!"

The clown laughed, drool hanging down his chin. "I'll let her go if you let me go" He said in a mocking voice, dropping her to the ground. She reached for the dirt, trying to get a grip of something as she gasped for air. Her lungs burned as if they were on fire and her face was coated in hot tears.

"Fine! Just give her back!"

"We c-can't just let him go!" Bill argued.

"Yes we fucking will!"

"You guys can stop him" Victoria spoke up.

"No Vic! We need you!"

"I love you Rich" She smiled, getting a metal pipe off of the ground and hitting the clown in the head with it. This time she wasn't gonna make the same mistake that Beverly did last time in the house. She refused to stop bashing his head in. She was so caught in the heat of the moment that she didn't notice him reaching for the stick.

He stabbed her in the stomach as she let out a scream. Richie could feel his whole world breaking as he loosened the grip his friends had on him and ran towards her. This wasn't happening. The clown retreated without his knowledge and was nowhere to be seen. The losers rushed to Victoria and Richie.

"No no no no" He frantically said, trying to stop the bleeding. He was getting her blood all over his hands but he didn't even care.

"Richie. Just breathe" She whispered.

"I-I can't! Fuck! Please just stay here and-and we'll get you some help and everything is gonna be okay!" She grabbed his hand and that's when he knew. His friends watched with tears in their eyes.

He was going to watch Victoria die.

He didn't even bother to try and hide hid tears as he sobbed freely.

"NO! We need you! Fuck! I need you! I need you so p-please don't leave! I-can't live without you!" Richie sobbed.

"You don't need me Rich. You can do this without me. You'll be okay" She reassured but he shook his head.

"No I can't! I fucking need you! I need my best friend! You're the only one who thinks my jokes are funny!" He shakily yelled as she smiled.

"Im the only one who laughs cause' they aren't funny Rich" She teased as he let out a soft chuckle.

He kissed her for the last time. He held her close as he tried to focus om the feeling of her, the way she felt, her warmth, the way she smelled, the way her lips felt against his own. When they pulled apart he pressed his forehead against hers. They were both crying by now and so were their friends.

"I love you so much" She smiled. "But I don't know if I can stay awake any longer" She said as he cried.

"Yes you can" He whispered.

"Im tired Rich" She sighed.

"Fine. But im staying here" He said.

"Me too" Stan added in a shaky voice.

"M-me too" Bill added.

"Me too" Bev whispered, her hands were shaky and her usual strong expression was gone.

"Me too" Eddie said, trying his hardest not to cry.

"Me too" Ben sniffled.

"Me too" Mike nodded.

They all sat in a circle, watching as their friend died.

"Don't cry please. This isn't the last you'll see of me, im totally gonna haunt you guys" Vic smiled as everyone laughed softly. Her eyes were heavy and she obviously wanted to close them. She leaned her head on Richie's shoulder and he started crying again. "I love you guys so much" She smiled, finally closing her eyes.

Richie froze. He just lost the person who was always there for him. The person he grew up with. The person he was in love with. He lost his best friend and girlfriend at the same time. He cried and everyone else did too. He lost his other half, he lost the person who he shared hundreds of inside jokes with, the person he had stolen hundreds of kisses from, the person who's shoulder he had cried on many times before, the person he cared most about.

Victoria was gone.

______________________________________

When Richie woke up he was crying. He was sobbing and he wanted to throw up. He got up with wobbly legs and shaky hands as he tried to calm down.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck"

He caught a glimpse of a red balloon outside his window and froze. He walked towards it slowly, jumping when it popped. Then he saw the clown. He was waving at him from across the street, laughing as Richie's heart dropped.

Victoria

He ran out of his room and towards the front door. When he opened it and stepped outside the clown was gone and he dashed over to Victoria's front door. Lucky for him the door was unlocked and he walked inside. He slowly walked up to her room and sighed when he entered.

She was okay.

He shook her awake as she began to stir.

"Rich?" She sleepily asked and he just nodded, climbing into her bed and cuddling into her. "What happened babe?" She asked.

"Th-the clown! He-he killed you! You-fuck! You died!" He cried as her expression softened

"It's okay Rich. Im here and im never gonna leave you" She reassured, grabbing his face in her hands and turning it towards her. She kissed him softly and he kissed back. She moved one of her hands to play with his hair and he smiled into the kiss. He could feel her warmth, he could feel the way she made his heart beat fast, he could feel her lips against his. He could feel that she was okay.

"I love you so so much" He quietly said, placing his head on her shoulder and she began to hold his hand.

"I love you too Rich"