Chapter 18

After the ducks and the pond, I asked Nick to take me to my dorm because I was tired. He listened and drove straight there. Zayn would've just been stalling. Why am I comparing them? Ugh.

When we got into the college's parking lot, he parked the car and walked me to my dorm. Halfway to the dorm, I heard gunshots. Nick took a tighter grip of my hand and ran to the door. He let me in first but when I turned around to see if he was okay, I saw him on the floor, surrounded by blood.

I looked up and saw Zayn and his gang. I screamed loud, but they just came closer and closer to me. Since Nick's body was halfway into the doorway, I pulled him inside and closed the door. I dragged Nick's body into the living room. I checked his pulse, he was still alive.

"Hang in there, Nick.", I whispered. I dialed 911 and told them what happened. They came about 2 minutes later with an ambulance.

When they took Nick to the hospital, the police sat me down and asked me questions.

"When and where did this happen?", the police officer asked. His body was stiff and when he sat, he never slouched. His badges and pins were straight on his uniform.

"The incident happened about 10 minutes ago, right outside the doorway, officer."

"Can you describe the events leading up to this?"

"Nick was walking me to my dorm and I heard gunshots. He took grip of my hand harder and ran. I made it inside without being harmed, but they shot him."

"Do you know anyone who would do this?" I hesitated at this question. If I told them, I'd be killed by the gang. If I didn't, I don't know what would happen.

"Well, Miss, do you?"

"Uh. No, officer. I was just thinking."

I just totally lied to a police officer for Zayn and his gang. Why? Why would I do that?

I slept at my Mom's house that night. I didn't want to sleep alone. They wouldn't let anyone visit Nick yet, so I would just see him in the morning.

Author's Note
I haven't updated in a while so I decided to today. Hope you like this chapter. Keep reading, voting and commenting.
-Katelyn💖