Chapter 23

My cut/joke was pretty good. Not even good. It was awesome. But it was true. What girl would want to say this to him, after all he's done? What girl would date a criminal and a dick like him?

Certainly not me. Zayn can smned. He got me tight when he said he loved me. If he loved me, he would've moved away from his criminal life.

As soon as I got home, I smelled food. It was like really really good food. I went into the kitchen and saw that Tash and Mom had ordered Indian food. There was Basmati and Jasmine Rice, Chicken Tikka Masala, Roti and Naan.

"This looks good!", I said.

"Good. Now we have a surprise for you.", Tash said. She went into the backyard and to get it. My mom put a blindfold on me. When I heard the door shut, my mom took the blindfold off.

There in my own kitchen was Nick Preston. The actual Nick Preston. Just standing there, smiling.

I got up and ran into his arms to give him a hug. He was so warm and I didn't want to let go of him. Nick planted a kiss on my head and the 4 of us sat down to eat.

But wait. Should I ask Nick about the boardwalk? I don't know. My mom began questioning Nick. Like "How will you take care of my daughter?" and stuff like that.

The food tasted awesome by the way. Once my mom and Tash left the room to leave Nick and I alone, he began explaining, without me asking.

"The boardwalk. The person you saw was not me. It was my twin brother. Yes, I have a twin brother. His name is Josh. Josh Preston. I knew I never told you about him because not a lot of people know him. Anyways, I sent Josh to the boardwalk because I heard that Zayn was going to meet you there and I was worried. Since I was in the hospital I sent him and he told me everything. I know you weren't cheating. I know he made you.", he said.

"OH. THAT MAKES A LOT OF SENSE. Thanks for understanding though. Not many boys would.", I replied.

We both got up and cleaned our dishes. We went to the living room to watch Netflix. The movie was called "Mean Girls". It was a chick flick and it was funny. Nick even looked interested in it too.

Halfway through the movie, the doorbell rang and my mom went to go get it. I heard a scream right after she opened the door.

Tash, Nick and I ran to the door and saw that my mom was gone. She just left. She wasn't there anymore. But on the doorstep, there read a note:

"If you want your mom back, meet me at the Zoo. Tomorrow night at 7. Bring extra clothes. And no, this is not Zayn."

-B

When I finished reading the note, I started crying. Nick and Tash pulled me tight into a big group hug.

Will I do this for my mom?

**AUTHOR'S NOTE**

Hiii! Will Sabrina do this for her mom? Find out in the next chapter. Thank you guys for 1K reads. Keep reading and voting!

-Katelyn❤️