CHAPTER 1

Arabella

Its Thursday morning and I wake up a bit dizzy. I look over to check my phone and it reads 7:47. Im late. Again. I get up quickly and walk over to my closet and grab a pair of jeans and a nbhd shirt. I comb my hair and decide there is no use so I put it up in a bun. I run downstairs and put cereal in a cup, I head out the door and cram into my old black jeep.

I make it to school just in time before the ten minute bell so I decide to go get a coffee. At the snack bar there's 2 boys. Luke and Calum. I've been friends with them since the 3rd grade. I smile and go up to them. "Hey Cake" We made up Cake for their couple name in the 5th grade and it just stuck. "Hey Ara, what's up" Calum smiles and hugs me. "Trying not to be late for once?" Luke says biting his lip before he hugs me. I guess you could say I kind of like Luke.  "I guess you could say that.." I mumble before stopping myself. Thank god Calum keeps talking.

"Well hey Ara, um are you still coming to practice tonight?" "Um maybe, I need to ask"

"Oh you better, because Lukes mom is making pizza tonight!"

"Yea I'll go for the pizza, it will help me deal with how bad you guys suck"

"And um, hey do you think you can bring Em around? I mean if you can" Calum starts turning red.

"Yea I'll try"

--------------------------

I get out of my 4th period class and walk to the corner were I usually meet my friend Em. I wait a little while when some boy with pink hair stands next to me.

"You know, that band sucks"

I turn around quickly looking to see if he's talking to me.

" Um me? "

"Yeah, the neighbourhood sucks"

I look at him wide eyed partly in shock and because for once, I have nothing to say.

"U-um I'm sorry I don't know you"

"But I know you, Arabella, like the arctic monkeys song" the boy smiles before he walks away. I stand there shocked and if it wasnt for Em arriving I would of missed lunch. I decide to tell Em and we both laugh about it.

---------------------------

Me and Em arrive at Lukes house 20 minutes early because he said they had a surprise for us.

"Hi Mrs Hemmings" Me and Em greet Lukes mom and walk into Lukes garage where he comes and greets us.Calum quickly walks over to hug us too and takes away Em

"So whats the surprise?"

"Um he should be here any minute"

"He?"

"Yea, um we kind of got a new member"

"Who?"

"Michael Clifford"

"Michael Clifford? Who's that?"

"Um remember Mikey from 3rd grade?"

"Yea"

"Yea well him"

"You mean the boy who made you cry for like a whole school year" I ask horrified.

"Yeah, he's actually really cool now"

"What's wrong with you?"

"Uh Ara can we talk about this later I have to go get the pizzas" He walks away and I'm left with my words in my mouth.

Just then the garage door opens and standing there is the boy with pink hair.