CHAPTER 18

Arabella's POV

Tears flowed down my cheeks. I couldn't process what Michael just said. It all happened so quickly. I thought he loved me. What did I do wrong? I felt a warm hand wipe away my tears.

"Babe, I'm sorry I shouldn't have-"

"It's not your fault Luke"

"I think I'm gonna take her home" Summer advised grabbing my elbow.

"Yeah, it's getting late" Luke said nodding.

--------------------------

I lay in my bed listening to music still unable to process Michael's words. Why? I thought he liked me. Just yesterday we were having a good time. What if he found someone else? I felt a knot in my chest form. No. He couldn't have. I felt my mind spinning with all of these questions. I felt my phone buzz next to me.

LUKEEEEEE: Hey how r ya??

Me: I'm fine

I'm not fine. How could he ask me to stay away. I couldn't just let him go. I felt the knot in my chest grow tighter. Goodbye Ara, forever. I felt my eyes grow clowdy. I imagined Michael leaving me behind and i felt tears running down my cheeks. I thought of him crying and it broke my heart. I wanted to tell him I felt the same way. I needed to hug him. Nestle my head ito the crook of his neck. More tears streamed down my face and soon I was crying my eyes out.

I heard a  soft knock on my balcony door. My heart leaped at the thought of Michael waiting outside. I hopped out of bed wiping my tears away and headed to the door. I opened it and instantly felt my hopes shattered. It was Luke.

"You've been crying"

"What are you doing here? I told you I was fine"

"And that's why I came. I knew you weren't fine and I was obviously right"

"I'm not in the mood Luke" Rolling my eyes trying to seem okay.

"Whatever I'm staying so you either let me in or I'll force myself in" I walked away leaving the door open and sat on my bed. "Now what's going on babe?" he asked closing the door sitting next to me afterwards.

"I just... I don't get it, I thought he liked me"

"He does Ara, he's madly in love with you. Don't you remember,  that's the reason why I was getting my arse kicked for at least a solid 4 years"

"Then why would he tell me to erase him from my life Luke? What did I do wrong"

"Ara"

"Hmm?"

"You didn't do anything wrong, I did"

"What? What do you mean"

"Michael saw us kissing, he must have been following us because he left after I, after I spotted him"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Keep in mind I still thought you liked me so I didn't think it was gonna be such a big deal, I wouldn't have kissed you if I would have known you liked him I swear"

"Luke, that's why he's mad or sad or whatever he is. That's why he left and didn't go back. He still thinks I like you. He thinks I don't care about him. Luke I need to see him."

"No Ara you can't right now"

"Luke I have to"

"No Ara"

"Luke he's probably out there dying his hair for the millionth time, crying, alone, because of a stupid kiss that didn't mean anything" He looked at me a bit hurt and looked me in the eyes.

"No Arabella you are not going over there"

"Luke why not? Why do you care so much all of a sudden?"

"You're not going anywhere it's a school night and that's it Ara, end of conversation"

"Luke you're not my dad, you can't stop me"

"You wanna bet Ara?" He had a crazy look in his eye he only got when he was really mad. I had only seen it twice before and both times it ended with someone on the floor.

"Luke I have to go, I love him"

"No Ara, you don't love him. Why don't you ever listen to me? You don't love him, you've only known him for a couple weeks! You love me!" He seemed taken aback by his own words. The room became quiet and that's when I noticed how the veins in his neck were still throbbing out. "I don't know where that came from" He huffed out pulling at his hair.

"Whatever we can talk about this later. Go look for him, I'll uh wait here I guess"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A/N:

Sucky ass chapter I know but I really should stop listening to Ed Sheeran while writing. But thanks for reading ♡