CHAPTER 38

Arabella's POV

Okay. Okay. I'm okay.

I run those wrods through my mind as I walk with Luke to god knows where. We finally stop and its behind the gym by the parking lot, secluded, way too secluded. I start feeling a bit antsy waiting for him to speak, his eyes burning into mine. He takes a step forward reaching out his hand to touch my cheek and I instinctively take a step back flinching. It's Luke and I know he wouldn't hurt me, right? He looks at me and his eyes seem to have darkened.

"Ara, do you think I would hurt you" he asks in such a low voice it really doesn't sound like him.

I actually took a mintue to ponder the thought which genuinely surprised me. He finally sighs out a deep breath after I didn't answer and he chuckles at the ground.

"You know Ara, alot has changed over the last couple months don't you think?" He looks up at me and I nod then he looks back down as he kicks some rocks.

"I don't know what happened to be honest with you" he says a bit softer now "We were so close people...people used to think we were brother and sister, or boyfriend and girlfriend Ara, what...what happened? Where did we go wrong?" He looked at the ground and started pacing in half circles as if thinking about the answers to his own questions.

He stopped pacing and took a long hard look at me "What did we do so wrong that I ended up getting hit and you're scared of me hitting you? What happened Ara?" I stared blankly into space completely indifferent. He came closer and stared at me more intensely. "Ara look at me and tell me what happened" He said through gritted teeth. I stood there with the same blank expression which made him lose patience. He backed away and throwing a couple punches in the air while tugging at his hair and then I heard him wailing. He had his back to me but I knew that he was crying. I felt a pang of sadness and it took every ounce in me to not rush to his aid. He looked back at me, hair messy, face and neck red, with tears coming down slowly.

"Why won't you tell me what happened Ara so that I can fix it" he stumbled closer to me, holding me by my shoulders "Please Ara, please I beg of you tell me"

"This is too broken to fix Luke, I kept forgiving you time after time, letting you walk all over me, controlling me and now I just look like a fool. You can't fix this Luke, it's too late" My eyes instantly clouded with tears threatening to spill. He shook his head taken aback by my words, letting go of me.

"W-what? What do you mean? You wont forgive me? But I said I was sorry Ara" he looked and sounded like he was loosing grip on reality

"Sorry doesn't cut it anymore Luke"

"No, this isn't fair Ara" he said shaking his head in disbelief "You forgive me right?" He looked at me with desperate eyes looking for an answer "But Ara, I...I love you" he took my hand in his and rubbed it against his face holding on tightly "We love each other"

"Luke, I'm sorry but...I don't"

"No....no you're lying" he said stepping back with a puzzled look "This...this isn't true. You're punishing me Ara, and that's okay I deserve it" he said nodding. It was then that I realized he looked, crazy with his denial consuming him. "You'll see Ara, tomorrow, tomorrow will be better, everything will be back to normal, like this was all a dream, right babe?" He said looking back at me with a crooked smile. He nodded to himself and he leaned forward to kiss my forehead "I'll see you tomorrow babe...I love you" he whispered against it, kissing it one last time and running off.

Luke Hemmings has officially cracked.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Voice repeating the word Unfair over a beat* -Unfair by the Neighbourhood

Took a reall different take in this chapter but nonetheless I hope you enjoyed so if you did please vote, but thanks for reading ily guys ♡

PS : *crying cuz calums 19th birthday*

1/25/15

OKAY SO I WROTE THIS ON THE ABOVE DATE BUT I WAS GONNA POST IT LATER THAT WEEK BUT THINGS HAPPENED & IT WAS KIND OF JUST THERE SAVED & IDK I DIDNT FEEL LIKE COMING ON & READING OR WRITE ANOTHER CHAPTER SO IM SO SORRY SO HERE IT IS, EXACTLY 3 MONTHS LATER

4/25/15