No regrets

It was just a mission.

Some stupid undercover ploy to infiltrate the enemy base and scoop up new intel on Brother Blood.

So what if it required an elaborate disguise? So what if it required Beast Boy to have a 'date' to go with to the ridiculous party? And if it happened to be an attractive vixen like Ravager, it certainly wasn't any of Raven's concern.

"How do I look?" He'd asked her apprehensively once he'd come out of his room.

Raven had to use all of her willpower and self control not to let her expression betray her emotions.

She'd been expecting him to look disheveled, lazy, maybe even unkempt, but when Garfield had stepped out for her appraisal, he looked anything but.

Not only was he wearing a clean cut, black dress suit and silk tie, he also had to slip on a custom holo ring that Cyborg had made exclusively for him, to help mask his otherwise uncanny appearance.

Therefore, the young man that stood before her looked nothing like the teenage boy she'd come to know throughout the years. This man had hair in a shade of flaxen blonde, combed back and gelled neatly aside in a gentlemanlike coiffure, very unlike the shaggy green tendrils Raven had grown accustomed to. Most notably, his skin was no longer a jade green, replaced now with a more normal peach tone as of his Caucasian heritage. Also, it did not escape her that even his ears were not pointed, and his teeth were a straight, pearly white with a significant absence of fangs.

Beast Boy looked…completely and utterly normal.

The only feature of his that had remained unchanged were his eyes; they stayed the same glittering verdant shade she had found comfort in many a time. Even if she were at death's door, she'd vowed never to tell himany of that.

Altogether, his new look had jarred her, and done something strange with her emotions that she couldn't recognize. Too frightened to linger on feelings she could not understand, she focused instead on the ones she could easily rely on, such as apathy.

"…Weird," she finally answered him in a disinterested tone.

His smile faltered a bit. "W-weird? Is it the suit? Or the hair? I told Cy, I just don't do gel." He fidgeted in his clothes like they were crawling with insects, adjusting the form fitting jacket and playing with the buttons on his crisp, white dress shirt.

"I think you look delicious," a new voice entered the fray.

Rose Wilson stood at the end of the hallway, wearing an appreciative smirk and a revealing, tight black dress to go with it. She eyed Beast Boy without a hint of discretion, admiring the way his new outfit clung to his lean form. Raven noted that the tips of his ears were red, and that his blushing was becoming a lot more evident now that he wasn't green anymore.

Rose started walking towards them once all eyes were on her, the slit in her floor length, black gown revealing the strap on her thigh where she'd no doubt stashed a weapon of some sort. The holo ring Cyborg had provided her with had changed her hair colour to a more natural, platinum blonde while also maintaining the illusion that she had both of her eyes. It didn't, however, provide any alterations on her deceptive and unpredictable personality.

Once she'd reached them, she had made it a point to blatantly ignore Raven's existence, and instead, leaned in towards Beast Boy, her nimble fingers playing with his tie. "Normally, you'd be a little too young for my tastes, but might I say that you clean up well, Gar," she purred into his ear.

Beast Boy had visibly tensed, and Raven saw his cocky façade for exactly what it was; a façade.

"U-uh, you look good, too, Rose," he squeaked, uncomfortable at the lack of space between them, and working up a nervous sweat.