Movie night

A/N last one shot for BBrae thanks for reading this book of one shots :)

Her pale eyelids fluttered open, amethyst orbs slowly adjusting to the surroundings. Her eyes wandered across the room to the large projector screen, settling behind it on the thick curtains that had been used earlier to block out unwanted light. The light outside had dimmed, leaving a pleasant orange glow to wash over the occupants of the iconic tower. It would never cross her mind to bring it up to him, but she had to admit, Cyborg did an excellent job with the placement of the main room. The large windows were angled just so that the light of a sunset passed over the water without shining brightly through the glass. Clear nights like these were always warm and calming. Her own room was the same, to some extent. The orange glow of the sunset washed over the dark walls and filled her with a deep feeling of serenity.

The thought reminded her, she hadn't meditated much yet today. This was the perfect time to engage in such an activity, she thought. Her legs felt oddly numb and unresponsive, yet she forced them to move despite every muscle screaming in protest.

A firm tug on her midsection stopped her dead in her tracks. Those wandering purple eyes slowly found their way to her waist, where she noted two gloved hands gently grasping onto the fabric of her shirt. She followed the hands down to the arms clad in some skin-tight material that reminded her of a wetsuit. Her eyes settled upon the green changeling that clung onto her, likely in protest to her movements. She noticed his eyes were closed, and the gentle snoring lead her to believe he was asleep.

She sighed, the breath leaving her full lips a bit louder than intended, possibly in an attempt to accidentally wake him. Yet even with her unconscious attempts, he only stirred and pulled her closer.

"When did he get so strong..? Sheesh... He's almost crushing me." she thought to herself as he pulled her close and softly rubbed his face against her side. The blush that streaked across her pale cheeks was clearly visible, much to her own chagrin. She was thankful the boy that slept beside her was out cold, lest he see her flushed face.

She gently laid her petite hand onto his soft green hair and lightly stroked it. A smile tugged at the corners of her lips. It was such a unique experience to have him next to her in such a relaxed, quiet state. The only time she would usually see him this way was after he'd been knocked out cold during a fight.

Raven's hand retreated in surprise when she felt him stir again. Soon, however, she felt a pleasant vibration in her side. Was he... purring?

She moved her head just slightly closer as her hand resumed stroking his hair and confirmed her suspicions. The boy was purring! How curious, she'd heard him do such while he was shifted as a common house cat, but never in his human form. Well, however "human" you could call it. As the years had passed, the young changeling had adapted the best of his animal forms into his human form. He had the reflexes of a cat, hearing on par with a bat, a sense of smell to put even the sharpest of wolves, bears, and blood-thirsty sharks to shame, and eyes as sharp as the best birds of prey. He was rather intelligent too, much more than he let on, yet he still kept up the comic relief act. Beast Boy was certainly intriguing...

Raven snapped back to reality and shook the thoughts from her head. She was paying her captor an awful lot of compliments, especially given their known relationship. He would play pranks on her, or tell her a joke, or do... anything to get her to smile, and she would shoot him down, or scare him, or... push him away. It was a wonder he seemed so happy and content to be cuddling up to somebody that showed him such contempt.

Her gaze dropped to the floor, yet her hand continued to rub his head. There was very little that could keep her from wanting that pleasant purring to stop. Her emotions were definitely not in check, which she could blame on her lack of meditation. But they still made her think, and she was definitely feeling something. The two of them had spent the entire day watching movies of all different kinds of genres while the rest of their team was away. She watched him behind a forced frown every time he would hop up onto the coffee table when a testosterone fueled action scene came on, and cower behind her every time the scary parts of a horror movie flashed by. He'd force back tears for the sad or sappy romantic parts, and seemed oddly calm and at ease when they watched the out of place nature documentary.