Aw nuts!

Raven never thought she would have to keep her door closed to keep her personal items from being eaten. Stolen, broken, or misused, yes, but never eaten.

"Silkie! Go find something else to feed on that's not one of my books!" Raven shouted at the residential pet of Titans' Tower as she attempted to salvage what was left of her fantasy book. Somehow, Silkie had wiggled his way into her room and managed to swallow it. Raven had been too busy mending one of her cloaks to notice. Now it was too late and with one final gulp, the story met an unhappy ending. Raven sighed in defeat. At least that wasn't one of her favorite books.

"Didn't Starfire already feed you today?" she questioned the larva. He seemed to ignore her and made another attempt to gorge on her collection of literature. "Oh no you don't!" She caught the mutant before he could strike with her telepathy. "I guess I'll have to get you some actual food. Come on."

Walking down the hallway, Raven made her way to the kitchen. She saw Robin in his room working on some birdarangs as she passed by and from what she could hear Cyborg was in the garage working on something while singing. Badly. The shower was running so either Beast Boy or Starfire was in the bathroom, but with all the fruity smells coming out of it, it wasn't hard to figure out it was Starfire.

Entering the common room, Raven located her final teammate. He was sitting at the counter, eating a bag of peanuts. And he was making quite a mess too. When the doors opened, he looked up.

"Hey Raven!" he said, merrily with a slight wave. He then noticed Silkie floating behind the half-demon. "What'd Silkie do this time?"

"He ate one of my books." Raven replied, opening a pantry to find nothing but a cobweb and a packet of hot chocolate mix.

"Well, you always said that books feed your brain." Beast Boy said, cracking open a peanut shell and eating the peanuts inside.

"One, it's reading the books that feeds your mind." Raven pointed out, opening the refrigerator. "And two, he'd need some sort of brain in the first place to be able to feed it." Beast Boy chuckled. "What?"

"You're so hard to understand sometimes, Raven, you know that?" he replied, eating another peanut. "You like to say that you have no sense of humor, but there you go, cracking a joke."

"I never said I didn't have a sense of humor; I just don't have your sense of humor." Putting some leftovers on a place, Raven placed it on the ground where Silkie hungrily ate it up in a time span of five seconds. Giving off a satisfactory burp, he squirmed into the living room for a nice nap. Raven picked up the plate of the floor and put it in the ever-growing pile of dishes in the sink. "Whose turn is it to do dishes?"

"Mine." Beast Boy replied, dumping another shell on the counter. Raven raised an eyebrow.

"Is that why you're not bothering to use a plate? So you don't have to wash it later?"

"No. You don't use a plate when you're eating peanuts." he replied. "You just make a big mess and clean it up later."

"I prefer to have everything clean in the first place. No mess, no cleaning."

"But where's the fun in that?"

"Food isn't supposed to be fun. It's for eating so we can survive. Ever hear of the saying "don't play with your food"?"

"Yep, but that doesn't mean I have to follow it." He held up the bag. "Peanut?"

"No thanks."

"You sure?"

"Yes. I ate a little while ago."

"Doesn't mean you can't have one." He offered the bag again, smiling. Giving in, she took one. Trying to crack it open, it broke in the middle, the peanuts still stuck inside. She glared at the pieces.