The Horror and joy of Christmas

Raven was walking down the hall to her room when the hair on the back of her neck stood up. Some one was watching her. She glanced around quickly. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, except for the fact that everything was red and green. It was almost Christmas and Cyborg and Beast Boy had gone crazy with the decorations. On top of that, they had been acting wayto merry for Raven's liking. Singing Christmas carols, wishing everybody a merry christmas, but worst of all, both of the Christmas-crazed boys had been trying all week to get Raven under mistletoe with Beast Boy.

But she couldn't think about that right now. Some one was here, she could feel it. Raven looked to the right. She saw a wreath drop to the floor. She looked to the left. The "Merry Christmas" banner had moved in the wind. She took a step forward and looked down. She was standing on top of a big black X.

"What the...?"

"Ha! Got you!" A happy Beast Boy yelled. He had transformed from a fly back into a human and was now standing right in front of Raven.

"Ahhh!" Raven put her hand on her chest in suprise. She quickly regained her composure. "Stop being an idiot."

"I hope you like idiots 'cause you're about to kiss one!" With a sly grin he pointed up towards the ceiling.

Raven looked up and gasped in horror. It was... it was...

"Mistletoe." She choked out. The moron had done it. He had gotten her, Raven, under mistletoe. Crap.

"C'mon Raven." BB nudged her, "You know you want to."

The worst part about Beast Boy wasn't that he was green, wasn't that he insisted on telling bad jokes, and wasn't even that he was biggest goof of all time. It was that he was right. Raven did want to kiss him. It was a tradition and it wouldn't destroy the universe if she only kissed him once. But she couldn't let him know that she liked him. That would be so... un-Raven of her. But it was almost Christmas. As much as she hated to admit it, a little of holiday cheer had spred to her. Maybe for a while she could be un-Raven. Yeah, she liked the sound of that.

"Alright." Raven said as some what of a smirk appeared on her face, "You can kiss me."

Beast Boy let out a squeal of happiness, closed his eyes, and leaned in. He felt fingers on his lips and he opened his eyes.

"If..." Raven said mischievously, "you can catch me."

With that, she let out a light giggle and flew towards the living room. Beast Boy stood there shocked for a few seconds. Raven stopped at the end of the hall, aware that he wasn't chasing her. She had to do something that would get his attention. She thought for a moment. If she did this paticular thing she was thinking of, she would be acting very immature. Very... un-Raven. Perfect.

Raven put her thumbs in her ears, wiggled her fingers, and stuck her toungue out and... here comes the reallyimmature part... blew a rasberry! Ha! That was sure to get him.

BB heard the noise and snapped out of his trance. Did she just do what he thought she did? Was she...challenging him? Oh... she was goin' down! Beast Boy turned into a cheetah and the chase began.

TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT

"No, Star, not exactly." Robin was explaining Christmas to Starfire (A/N: Gee, I bet no one saw that coming). "Christmas is a holiday where you give gifts because..." Robin stopped.

"Why Robin?" Starfire's eyes twinkled with curiosity.

"Um... because it's just what you do." In truth, Robin had never wondered why people gave each other gifts. Like he said, it was just what you did on Christmas. There didn't have to be a reason for everything, did there?