37- I'd Love to See You, my Boy.

RECAP: Even though Finn can't trust Willow any more, he forgave her. Elizabeth forgave Jay after he finally mustered the courage to apologize. Asher tried to lift a heavy cannon on Governor's Island, but failed to get a good grip on it. Sam and Hanes showed him up after, and everyone laughed. A teacher offended Asher and Elizabeth stood up for him, getting them talking again. Ruth spills her built-up feelings of anger toward Elizabeth. Hope you enjoy this chapter! Thanks!

***SEBASTIAN'S P.O.V***

   Sebastian wraps a towel around his waist and steps out of the steamy shower, raking a hand through his blonde hair. He walks right up to the bathroom counter, spotting his phone. It's lit up with a new notification, so he lifts it and glares at the screen.

   Missed call from Dad (2)

   A second missed call from his father. Damn. He glances at the time of the call and is surprised to see that the call came in in the morning hours of the day. He must've had his phone on silent.

   There is a voicemail for the second call, so, sighing, he presses play and grips the phone against his ear. "Hi, son. I... I, uh, wanted to say that I have been sober for a few days and I think it's time I come and visit your mom and you. Talk some things out. Who knows? Maybe we could all be together again-"

   Sebastian yanks the phone away from his ear and deletes the voicemail message before he can hear his father speak the rest of that sentence. Why? Because his dad always thought that his drinking problem wasn't a big deal. He thought speaking to Sebastian's mother and to Sebastian with disrespect and arrogance was okay every single night—that it wasn't a big deal. In reality, it is a huge deal. More so to Sebastian than his mother, even. If Sebastian wouldn't have pressed his mom about moving, they'd still be taking in his gross words every night and trying to deal with it.

   Anger boils in the pit of Sebastian's stomach as he clicks on the call button. At the last second on the fourth ring right before he is about to give up, his father answers the phone. It doesn't surprise Sebastian when the man on the line speaks first in a slurred, gruff voice. "Son. You called."

   "Shouldn't have." Sebastian already regrets his mistake and nearly sets the phone down there and then. "You said you were sober."

   "I was." His father replies innocently. "But I might've had a few drinks in the last hour."

   "Dad." Sebastian grabs his words from deep down in his heart. "You need to go to rehab."

   His father laughs humorlessly. "Funny. Son, you can't tell me what I need."

   "Okay, Dad." Sebastian gazes at himself in the mirror and hates what he sees. His hazel eyes are just like his dad's. His nose, his ears, his build—everything—are similar to his father's. He'd rather look like his beautiful mom, but instead he got his old man's features.

   He's actually tried a lot to avoid looking similar to him. He'd love growing out a beard but he keeps his facial hair short so it won't be as long as his dad's. He has to go every month to get his hair cut so it won't be long enough to look as wild as his dad's. He got two tattoos to be more like himself, to be less like his dad.

   He turns, glancing at his favorite of the two. This tattoo is a large open-winged hawk at the center of his back that represents freedom, independence, and courage in his mind's eye. His second is a small tattoo that spells out "Warrior", wrapping around his right arm near his shoulder. This one represents strength and the determination to keep going, no matter what. No matter how many times he has to tell his drunk father that he cannot come and visit because of the mistakes he continues to make over and over again.