Remember me (Shuichi x reader)

(Sorry for the random story but I saw Coco a few days ago and the music inspired me a lot.)
(May contain sad things.... I'm improvising this story soooo)
((Not going off v3 storyline!!))(update dec 1st: I added the video of the actually song so you can cry more! Can you guys rate how sad the story is? Thx :3 I need to see how depressing of an author I am!)

You are (y/n) (l/n), the Ultimate Guitarist. Since you were little you loved the sound of a guitar and spent your entire life playing it. You might be the ultimate guitarist but you could sing too, you do mostly covers and only a few original songs here and there. You were scouted for Hopes Peak, despite you being from Mexico (if you ain't from there just imagine you grew up there) yet so soon after attending you were in the situation you sat in now....

Everyone just stood in the trial room, having watched Kirumi Tojo's execution. Majority of them were in tears, including you. You had no idea how to react to the situation anymore. As soon as everyone left the trial room, you went to your lab. You swiftly grabbed an acoustic guitar and a pick, as soon as you had it tuned you put the strap of the guitar over your shoulder and went outside near the dorms. You sat down on the bench and arranged yourself.

Even though it was just after a trial and everyone was asleep, you didn't care. You didn't have a second thought about how dangerous it was to be out there. All you did you play a tune, a simple melody. That simple melody turned into a song.
"Remember me
Though I have to say goodbye
Remember me
Don't let it make you cry
For even if I'm far away
I hold you in my heart
I sing a secret song to you
Each night we are apart,
Remember m-"

You shot your head up at the sound of a stick cracking. You looked up to see a panicked Shuichi. "Oh, Shuichi... Don't scare me like that dude...." You smile gently at him.

"Uh.... Yeah, sorry.... I-I just heard you playing and I didn't want to disturb you but I also wanted to listen..." An embarrassed blush appeared on Shuichi's face. He rubs the back of his head. "Do you mind if I sit next to you?"

The sudden question surprised you, but you could only smile. "I don't see why not... If you wanna listen to me play." You were faced down to the ground trying to hide the embarrassment that showed on your face. Shuichi took little time to take his seat near you. Still a single question rose to your head, "Shuichi?" He hummed in response, "why aren't you asleep. I would think you would be extremely tired after the trial." You laughed nervously.

"Don't get me wrong, I am tired. The problem is that I can't sleep, my mind just won't let me" Shuichi sighed roughly, obviously irritated. You thought for a moment of what to say.

"Do you want me to play something to help you get sleepy?" A small blush appeared on your face as you asked him. Shuichi was surprised of your response, leaving his face a bit lighter than a ripe tomato.

"I-if it's not too much trouble! I-I would love you too! But you don't have to!" You giggled at his cute reaction. Shuichi was always a person who placed your interest you just never got the chance to talk much.

"Of course it's no trouble! That's kinda why I'm out here anyway!" You smiled at him, "every time I feel in a bad mood I grab a guitar and play my heart out." You pluck the strings of the guitar 1 by 1. "That's the strange power of music..."

Shuichi stared at you, intrigued by your actions and moved by your words. "(Y/n).... C-can you play something on the guitar? Like that song you were singing before I scared you." You smiled at him, his shyness was just adorable to you.

"Of course!" You arranged yourself to the guitar and started playing.

As you began to pluck the sting, creating a soft tune.