Eighteen.

"Tristan just leave him alone! It's fine! I'm fine! Let's go before you get into trouble" you scream at him as the crowd begins to circle around the 3 of you, as Tris continues to punch and kick at the guy on the floor.

"People like you don't deserve to be let anywhere near woman! Touch her again and break your fucking legs" Tris shouts before giving him one final kick with every ounce of strength left in his body.

"Let's go" he says with a huge contrast in tone to the one he was using a few seconds ago. He takes off his leather jacket as you walk and wraps it around your shoulders, along with him arm. You could see the blood and bruising on his knuckles, leaving you slightly uncomfortable against his body.

---

By the time you reach the car, you realise that you've let out the tears you were holding back as Tristan glides his thumb across your cheek to wipe them away, with him hand places under your jaw. You notice that his hand is slightly shaking, that your stomach clenches with a mix between guilt and shock. "I'm so sorry" you cry, pushing yourself into his shoulder. "I've been such a bitch to you, yet you've done nothing but protect me. I'm so so sorry."

Tristan places a prolonged kiss on your forehead, "are you kidding? You've done nothing wrong! We both know I'm no good for you. But lord knows that I can't stay away from you, y/n. We need each other. Okay?" He whispers, holding your head in his hands, making your eyes meet. And god they looked so sincere and beautiful shining in the street lights.

"Okay."