Twenty-Five

After a while of walking around with James and a quick dance in the main room so a random dubstep song, he places his fingers between yours and guides you up a staircase onto a balcony of one of the bedrooms.

"Have I told you that you absolutely gorgeous tonight?" he bites his lip, gazing from your loose curls, to your matte red lips, to your little black dress, to your silver heels and back up to meet your eyes.

"Once or twice I think" you laugh, "you're a rather handsome chap yourself."

James had been so nice to you all night; he'd introduced you to loads of his and Tristan's friends and always got you anther drink when your cup got empty. But aside from that, he was devishly handsome. He had the kind of eyes you could just fall in love with and a smile that made you weak at the knees, and his body, wow his body was something else. You had to admit that you really starting to crush on him, but yet all you could think of was Tris and how upset he was in the car.

"You alright?" James asked, wrapping an arm around your waist, pulling you closer, and lifting your head up a little."

"Yeah I'm good, sorry" you smile.

"Mm as much as I feel my loyalty lies with Tris and I should respect that he likes you, I just-"

"It's not like that" you interrupt.

"I just can't help but want to kiss you." He smiles, a glimmer of cheekiness in his eyes.

His fingertips run across your jaw and you can't help but bite your lip in anticipation. Seconds later James' hand in holding the side of your face, bringing your lips to meet his. Fuck he was a good kisser. After what seemed like forever, he pulls away, leaving you unable to hide your smile. But your stomach drops as you turn to the doorway to see Tris, looking like he's had his heart torn from his chest.

"Tristan-hi-uh-hey" you stutter.

"Hi" he nods staring at you blankly, before turning away.