Nineteen.

"I'm gonna take a shower and then I'll make you some coffee." You tell Tris, giving him a kiss on his upper bicep that was still wrapped around you.

He was really quiet on the drive home, in fact the only noise on the drive home was the sound of Blink 182 playing and the rain beating against the window. However, you could tell something was wrong with him from the look in his eyes every time he would glance over at you with a clearly fake smile.

---

Just before you turn the water on, you hear Tristan on the phone to someone, still sounding extremely upset. You turn the water on, but to a slow enough setting that you can still hear Tris as you press your ear to the door.

"I'm so scared Brad. I don't want to fuck this up. I need her. But she'd be so much better off without me"

"Because I know if I let her have her way, she would never ever want anything to do with me..."

"Yes I know that Brad but fuck sake she's such a special girl! She's already driving me crazy, in the best and worst way possible!"

"Alright. I'm sorry. I'll see you tomorrow. Cheers mate. Bye"

---

Your heart has dropped and your legs are trembling as you're overcomed with emotion. You finally step in the shower, hoping to wash away the feeling rushing through your veins.

A few minutes later, Tristan knocks on the door. "I'm going out to meet a friend. I'll be back soon." he says in a deep voice.