Seven.

After half an hour of talking about general things like school, hobbies, etc, it's only when you take your eyes away from his to look down at your nearly empty cup, you notice the bruising on his knuckles.

"Does it hurt?" you ask.

Tris looks at you like a confused little puppy, "does what hurt?"

"Your hand" you reply, still staring at it. Imagining the damage the other guy must of if that's what his hand looks like.

"No, it's fine. It's my first punch and I'm sure it won't be my last."

"Oh wow. Great to know."

"You really don't have a very high opinion of me, do you?" he asked, sounding quite heartbroken by the fact.

"I've heard a lot about you Tristan. And I can't say any of it is something I'd give you a pat on the back for. Honestly, you're not the kind of person I would ever choose to be around. But I think I atleast owed you coffee" you admitted, keeping your eyes on the table.

"I'm the person you think I am. Shit spreads easily but that's not my fault. i'm saying I'm a saint but I swear I have a good heart. How about I make you an offer?"

"Uh, I don't think that's the best idea Tris. We just agreed on coffee."

"Just hear me out" he begged.

"Fine. What is it?" you finally agree, bringing your eyes back to meet his, which it actually softened and looked full of hope.

"I won't sleep with a girl for a whole month, if you move in with me for a month?"