Twenty-Two

"Hi Tris" you fake smile.

"Y/N I'm so so-"

"Coffee?" You interrupt, trying to act normal. Your ears were burning from all the apologies already.

"No thanks and don't do that" he stares at you with red, puffy eyes. Had be crying? As if Tristan "jackass" Evans would cry over a girl.

"Do what?"

"Push me away. Act like nothing happened. Just don't. We need to talk about this" he begs.

"Push you away?" You fake laugh, "last time I checked you were bringing girls home knowing I was there like a disrespectful bastard, right after you tell someone that you need me? Ohhh well forgive me" you say with a sarcastic tone, your blood starting to boil.

Tristan collapses on the couch, with his head in his hands. What right did he even have to be upset? He was the one who upset you!

---

He finally lifts his head, running his hand through his hair (that clearly hadn't been done today). Your heart sinks as you notice the few tears streaming down his cheeks.

"I know you're fed up of hearing sorry but I am y/n, I really am! I don't know what I was thinking. Well I wasn't thinking at all! I was drunk and frustrated and I don't know. But I promise you I will never ever do anything like that again! I promise! Just please come home with me again!"

"Sorry just seems like another word to you Tris. And you're kidding? You nearly broke the deal, actually how do I even know that you didn't fuck her before you brought her home, so why should I stick to my side?" The tears you were trying to hold back now escaping.

---

Tris runs to you, placing one hand around your waist and the other resting on your face. "I have never met anyone like you y/n. I've never needed anyone like I need you before! And you have to believe that! Just please, please come home with me" his eyes connected with yours. The sad thing is that you could see that he meant it. Your head falls into his shoulder and you can't help but wrap your arms around him. Even though you knew you shouldn't say yes, ever inch of ached to be with him every minute of the day! The gently kisses he kept placing on your forehead sealed the deal.

"Don't let me down Tris, I mean it."