Chapter 12

***Avein's POV***

I woke up to soft breathing. HOLY. FUCK. I was in bead with Andy. His arms were wound around my waist and his head was tucked against mine. I couldn't help but blush at what Andy had said last night. He liked me, and wanted to keep me safe. I reached up and touched his cheek. The chlorine sent had vanished over night and the sent of mint and smoke filled my nose. It was warm and home-y. I carefully pried his arms from around my waist. I sat up and pushed the loose strands of my hair back. I slipped out of bed, though I didn't want to, and set out to look for Lucky. I found her in her room, snuggled up with two bottles, and the blankets rumpled up around her. At least she had changed into a tank top and little shorts. The picture of Stolen Hearts that was tacked up on her wall was missing, and the wallpaper around that area was torn off. I tucked the blanket around her, poor girl. I pulled the bottles away and pushed her hair away from her face. I grabbed the "old" clothes Lucky had given me. I didn't believe that they were old though, considering they smelled like a store and were my exact size. I took a quick shower. Then blow dried and straightened my hair. I slid the long sleeve Pierce the Veil t-shirt and black skinny jeans on and went back into the bedroom. Andy was still asleep. I poked his nose. He scrunched up his face, and rolled over.

"Wake up sleepy head." I said. "If you want a ride you better get up."

He rolled back over and slowly opened his eyes. He smiled a sleepy smile.

"What?"

"You're so pretty." He said. He must have party hard last night, I didn't even have make-up on.

"Get up." I said. He sighed and sat up. I walked down the stairs with Andy stumbling behind me. The house wasn't to trashed, I didn't even want to look outside. I walked out to my car. Andy jumped in front of me and opened the door for me. "Thank you." I said, as he walked around to his side. I dropped down in the drivers seat and started the drive to Andy's house. Andy wound his fingers through mine. I smiled, but had to pull my hand away to shift gears. We road in comfortable silence until we reached his house.

"Do you want to come in?" He asked. I bit my lips. "How about you come over for diner?"

I'd have to sneak out, but I guess I could try.

"I'll try." I said. Andy pulled a Sharpie out of the pocket of his swimming trunks and scribbled his number on my hand. I sighed, I guess it was time I got a phone. I'd have to ask my mother on one of her good days though. I waved to Andy as he disappeared into his house. I backed out of the driveway and drove home. The blue convertible was stilling in the driveway, like a nightmare. I got out of the car and went inside.

Sean was under the sink working, my mother was sitting on the couch watching T.V. and Phillip was reading some magazine with a naked chick sprawled across a car in the front.

"Hello Avein." My mother said. I winced at her words. I smiled a fake smile. Phillip lifted his head and gave me at dark smile. He was Sean's deadweight 23-year-old-son. I started towards the stairs.

"What'd you do to your car?" Phillip snapped. I glanced up, feeling my eyes grow wide. My mother stood up and walked to the window. She gasped.

"I didn't do it." I said quickly.

"Then who did?" My mother said, not believing me.

"Some kids at school just played a joke, they said they were going to fix it." I'd have to find some way to pay Lucky back.

"You better fucking hope they fix it!" She yelled. "Get that damn thing out of my drive way. Now!" She screamed. I quickly ran outside and re-parked the car out of sight. I walked back to the house. My mother just sighed.

"Go to your room Avein." My mother snapped. I quickly ran upstairs. I pressed my ear to the door.

"I don't know what to do with her." My mother muttered. "I mean, what am I raising?"

"A little emo freak." Phillip snapped. I heard footsteps on the stairs. I backed up.

"Phillip..."

"Shut-up Bethany, the only way she's going to listen is if you make her." Sean snapped. I stumbled away. The door swung open and Sean stepped through. I scrambled back.

"Your mother is crying! Are you proud of yourself?" He walked over and grabbed an empty picture off of the window seat. "Do you think this is funny?" He flung the picture frame at me, it hit my stomach. I whimpered.

"No!" I screamed. "Just leave me alone!"

"Do you think you should go unpunished? You're a burden on this family!"

I couldn't take this anymore. "You call this a family?" I screamed. I felt a wall hit my back.

"Did I say you could speak?" Sean walked towards me and grabbed my arm. He slammed a fist into my stomach and I doubled over. "I'm getting real tired of those piercings'." He snapped. Oh shit! He reached up and ripped the lip ring from my mouth. I screamed. I felt the nose ring go next. Sean smashed my face into the ground. He kicked me in the stomach. I screamed louder, and tears streamed down my face. Finally, finally it stopped. I heard my door slam shut.

I couldn't move, couldn't make a sound. Blood streamed down my face, mixing with the tears.

I finally pulled myself up and stumbled into the bathroom. I cleaned my face and the giant cut on my stomach from the picture frame. Luckily he hadn't torn my lip, just ripped it out. My nose was scratched a little, and the stud was missing. I winced as the alcohol stung my wounds. I walked away and curled up under my sheets.

I felt myself start to slip...somewhere. I couldn't do this anymore...I couldn't take this. I had no talents, no future, I was nothing but a burden...why be anymore?