Chapter 8

***Avein's POV***

I was numb, I couldn't move. I gasped as I heard my door slam shut. I slowly pulled my uncovered body up, and stumbled to the bathroom. New bruises, welts, and hickey's were slowly forming over my skin. I fell into the shower and turned the water on. Water almost hot enough to boil my blood hit me as I curled up in the bottom of the shower. I pushed the curtain back and reached for the third drawer on the left, this time I couldn't stop myself. I pulled the razor out. I slowly drug it across my skin.

15, 15 cuts, I made to my thighs, and 10 to my wrist. I threw it away and curled under the hot water, waiting for the bleeding to stop.

***Time Lapse, back to school***

By the time I got to go back to school, I had 35 cuts lingering on my body, so much for staying clean. I didn't pick Lucky up, she could easily get a ride. I had to do my own make-up. Now the gaint bruise on my face was mostly covered, and the dark circles under my eyes, could be explained from my eyeliner rubbing off. When I pulled into the school parking lot, I didn't park in my usual spot, I parked as far away from everyone as I could get. My body ached, the numbness wearing off. I thought that this move was supposed to fix everything, but it's just the same. I didn't get out of my car, I debated whether I should even go to school today...it was tempting.

***Andy's POV***

I couldn't help the stupid grin on my face as I saw Avein's car pull into the lot. Ash had drove Lucky here, now they were intertwined, but not kissing.

"Fuck it's hot. Let's go inside." Lucky snapped. She was wearing black skinny jeans, black leather chaps, and an unbuttoned black shirt that relved an almost see trough white one, along with her cowboy boots

"You're the one who wore the chaps." Ashley snapped. Lucky hopped on his back, wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. He held her thighs, and walked towards the school.

"I'm honestly concerned about his well being." Jake said.

"Maybe he loves her." Jinxx suggested. Then we all burst out laughing, even Jinxx. Avein's car pulled into a space far away from us, and didn't get out of the car. Maybe she was embarrassed about what happened on the roof. I walked over to her, ignoring the catcalls from the guys. I tapped on her window. Avein jumped, then she hit the unlock button and I walked around to the passenger seat. As soon as I shut the door, I knew something was very, very wrong. She wouldn't look at me, and her hands had a white knuckle grip on the steering wheel.

"Avein, look at me." I gently touched her shoulder. She turned her face towards me. I felt my lips part. It looked like she had rubbed black eyeshadow on her cheek, then tried to cover it up with foundation. I, as softly as possible, touched her cheek.

"What..." I tried, she closed her eye's and looked away.

"It doesn't mattered." She mumbled.

"Yes it does." I snapped, someone had hit her, and she thought it didn't matter. She shook her head. The bell rang, and she got out, so did I. I pulled her around to the passenger seat and pushed her down in it. I dropped into the drivers side, and started the car.

"Andy, what are you doing?" She snapped.

"I don't have to know what the problem is to fix it." I stated, pulling out onto the road. "Andy it's not worth missing-"

"Just shut-up Avein." I snapped. I wasn't going to let her pretend her didn't matter. She stayed quite and kept her head down. I gently took her hand, feeling bad about snapping at her, but...damn, she had a giant bruise on her face, and she was going to pretend it didn't matter.

"Where are we going?" She said tensely. I smiled deeply.

"You'll see."

"Okay, just don't take me into the woods and kill me, I'm sure that'd upset...someone." She laughed a fake laugh. I didn't, she didn't think anyone would care if she died. I gripped the steering wheel harder.