Chapter 11

***Andy's POV***

I tightened my arms around Avein. I can't believe she actually curled up with me. I also can't believe Lucky just tossed Ashley out.

"That was awkward." Avein said.

"No shit." I muttered. CC stumbled into the room.

"Oh, you guys." He said, a beer in his hand. CC flopped over top of us.

"CC get off." I snapped.

"That better be a sonic screwdriver, CC." Avein warned. (Doctor Who you guys, be awesome and watch it). I shoved CC off, managing to keep Avein in my lap.

"I love you guys." CC said. "Will you get married and adopt me?"

"No, CC." I snapped. Jinxx and Jake came into the room.

"Oh, god." Jinxx said. "Come on CC, lets go."

"Wait, they gonna adopt me." CC said as Jake yanked him up.

"CC, do you want a cookie?" Jinxx said.

"Well...yeah." CC said.

"Then come on." Jinxx said. Jake kept a grip on CC's shoulder and pulled him to the door.

"I worry about your friends." Avein said. I laughed. Avein traced the Batman symbol tattooed on my arm.

People finally started leaving. That guy who was talking to Avein shot me a death glare. Almost everyone had left by now.

"I'm sorry." I blurted out.

"About what?" She questioned.

"The other night when you fell asleep...I saw..." I looked down, "Your arm..."

She tense, trying to get up, I tightened my arms around her.

"In case you haven't noticed, I like you, a lot." I said. "Just tell me what's wrong. Let me help, please. Tell me who's hurting you." Avein starting to shake in my arms. I pulled her tighter, and kissed her cheek. My lips came back tasting like salt water. She rubbed the tears away. She wasn't going to tell me, I knew that much. "Listen, I'm not going to let anyone hurt you, okay."

"Andy, you can't do that, you're not with me and-"

"Then I'll just have to stay with you." I stated. "You're worth more than that. I mean it."

She just sighed, and twisted in my arms. She tucked her head against my chest, and I laid back. I kissed the top of her head. Her shirt slipped up around her waist, exposing the small of her back. Red round scars on her back. Cigaret burns. I felt a tear slip out of the corner of my eye. Avein fell asleep. I picked her up and carried her up the stairs to one of the empty guest rooms. I pulled the covers back and tucked her into bed. I slid into the bed beside her, and slid my arms around her frame. She wasn't super skinny like Lucky, but she wasn't fat either. She was just perfect.