Chapter 39

***Andy's POV***

I slowly blinked awake. I regretted it. I was asleep in the hospitable, stretched out on the couch in Avein's room. It had been three days since she was admitted, she still wouldn't wake up.

The cop had dropped the charges, considering. I ditched school to stay with her, her poor dad was working over time to pay for the medical bills. I got up, and walked over to Avein. I brushed a strip of her hair back into place. I couldn't help but feel like this was my fault. She did break up with me, but I should have gone to her house, I don't fucking know! I could have fixed this. I rubbed my temples.

The bitchy nurse came in to change her IV.

I stepped back, and fell into the chair beside her bed, I had barley slept the past three days. The gang all came over after school and stayed as long as possible.

"When do you think she'll wake up?" I felt myself ask.

"Honey...if she does it'll be in about a week, but...there's a lot of things against those odds." The nurse scribbled on a clip board then walked out. I leaned over my perfect girl and started singing The Morticians Daughter to her. I'd wait for her, no matter what. I kissed her skin softly.

"You'll get better." I whispered. "Come back to me...I...I know we were...fighting, but I still love you." I kissed her cheek. "I still want to be with you." I kissed her fingertips. "I still want to fall asleep next to you." I kissed her other cheek. "I still want to hear you laugh." I kissed her lips. "I still want to say I love you."

I stood there and waited, but my girl didn't wake up. I felt tears drip down my face.

The doctors said she had an anxiety attack, on top of all the pills, as well was the huge, deep cuts, and blood loss. It'd be a miracle if she ever woke up, or made it more than a few weeks. I fell back into the chair and felt darkness consume me.

I blinked awake to a soft voice. I shook my head and sat up.

"Andy?" I heard it again. Either I'm hearing things or...I snapped my head up.

There she was, awake, with soft slitted eyes, but awake. I jumped up and ran to her.

"Oh, god." I felt tears drip from my eyes. I kissed her cheeks, everywhere but her mouth. "Thank god, thank god."

"I'm...alive?" She asked, her voice wavered.

"Yes. God, yes." I pressed my forehead to hers. She closed her eyes.

"I missed you." She whispered, before she once again fell asleep. I hit the button for the nurse. I couldn't think. It was like a balloon filled with joy, exploded in my head, muffling all my thoughts. She'd be okay, the worst of it was over...right?