Chapter 7

I smiled as Andy got out of my car, though the action tore apart me inside. Andy was the first person who had actually shown some kind of true affection for me in five years, Lucky didn't because well, she was Lucky. I slowly backed out of the driveway. You'll see him Friday, you've gone five years without some caring about you, what's a day? But, now that I remembered what it felt like...my heart broke to watch him disappear.

I slowly drove home. I was fucked in that department. I hadn't come home, and my mom was left a message by the school about my suspension. As I pulled into the drive way, my heart stopped.

The yard was mowed, about 30 boxes of new siding sat beside the house, and the worst of all, was the blue convertible that sat in our drive way.

No, no, this could not be happing. Fuck. I'd thought this all ended when we moved. This ending was the reason I went clean...

I got out of the car and ran to the tree. I quickly shimmed up it. I took a shower, I made sure to be as quite as possible, hopefully my mother hadn't noticed I was gone. I changed into blue jean skinny's and a plain black t-shirt, the less I expressed myself, the fewer reasons they had to beat me. I pulled my hair back as much as possible, and made sure no make-up remained on my face. I pulled on shoes, you never know when you're going to have to run, really far, and fast. I slid my jacket on. I steeled myself. Just go down there, it'll all be over soon enough, you'll be eighteen right after the end of school, it won't last long.

The thought of Andy entered my head, some one who cares...but he couldn't help me now, nobody could. I opened the door and walked down the stairs. My mother was cooking, again. Then I laid eye's on Sean, I have always hated the spelling of that name more than anything else in the entire world, he was painting over a water mark.

"Well, you're finally up." My mother snapped. Thank fuck she didn't know I was gone. Sean gave me a look, he did.

"I've mowed the lawn," fuck you, I hated the word lawn, "fixed the roof, and painted the ceiling." He darkly smiled at me.

"Yeah..." My mother said all dreamily, she knew what he did, and she let him, simply because he fixed things for her. Sean sat the paint bucked down and climbed off the latter, I stepped back. "Phillip will be back soon, he went to get more paint." Sean said. I shivered at the name, and not in a good way. I fucking hated his son.

Sean was my mothers boyfriend, they'd been together for three years, my three years of hell.

"Why don't you finish cooking baby?" Sean suggested, moving towards me. My mother had a look in her eye, the same one as always, a sliver of, regret? But, she turned away before I could find out. Sean grabbed my upper arm and drug me backwards up the stairs. I struggled, I just needed to get to the door...then what? I'd run. I screamed, and kicked. I yelled for my mother, but she kept cooking like she didn't hear a thing.

But, I couldn't get loose, I wasn't strong, and I was weak from not eating enough. Sean didn't even bother to shut the door.

"Don't." I begged now, curling into myself. Sean kicked me, right in the middle of my back. "Don't." I gasped.

"Say it." He growled. Tears were already streaming down my face. I gasped in and finally said what he wanted.

"Daddy, don't."I tucked tighter into myself. I closed my eyes. But, he did it anyway.