Chapter 24

***Andy's POV***

Avein opened my door. I figured she'd be gone later than that. Lucky followed her, along with another girl I didn't know.

"This is Sandra." Avein said. She walked over to me and tucked herself against my frame. She was still so depressed, but tomorrow I was going to fix that, no matter what. Sandra waved at me. "She's a drummer, and kinda saved my me, so..."

"Care to elaborate?" I asked.

"Some douche with a lot of hair gel was chasing your girl down the street, I kinda...tripped him." Sandra said.

"He was..." I set my jaw, after tomorrow I was going to find that motherfucker and beat the shit out of him.

"Oh, yeah, why did you tell him he couldn't steal your coffin?" Lucky questioned, angry herself.

"It's mine, he can't have it." Someone rapped on the door, and then Jinxx stepped through.

"Uh, should I come back?" He questioned. Avein laughed.

"This is Sandra." She said, pulling away from me. Avein motioned for Jinxx to follow her upstairs, a few minuets later I heard someone shredding on the guitar.

"Do you go to the high school here?" I asked.

"I do now." She said. "Are there a lot of douches there?"

"Yep." I said with a sigh. She made a face, still not having taken off her sunglasses. "I need to be heading home."

Lucky nodded. "See ya Andy." She called. I waved. Sandra shot me a piece sign and left. I wanted to be with Avein, but I wasn't going to interrupt, instead I flopped on the couch and turned on the T.V.

***Time lapse***

I finally had Avein to myself. She was taking a shower right now, I'd taken one when she was still practicing with Jinxx.

"Fuck." I hissed as I burned my finger. I had about 30 candles lit. I heard the bathroom door open.

"Uh, Andy?" She questioned. She was in little black shorts and a white tank top, running a towel through her hair. "Did your plan to set the house on fire fail?"

I laughed. I walked over to her and pulled her against me. I kissed her lips softly. Then harder. I pulled her back towards the bed. She smiled. I slid over top of her and kissed her harder. I knotted my fingers into her hair. I dropped my kisses to her jaw, then her neck. She moaned. I bit at her skin, and smiled when she arched her back. I moved my mouth back to hers and drug my tongue across her bottom lip. Avein parted them and I slipped my tongue into her mouth. I pushed at her shorts.

"Don't." She said. And I didn't. I didn't press the matter further, not even playfully, she'd been through enough and I wasn't even going to remind her of something like that.

I pulled back and smiled at her.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too, so much." She pulled my mouth back down to hers one last time.

***Time lapse***

The next day went by okay, Jake and I couldn't help but share looks the entire day. Sandra got picked on more than once. Jinxx was there though, and took care of it. She and CC talked the entire lunch about drums and whatnot.

When the final bell rang, I sighed, ready to tell Avein. We got into my car.

"What's wrong?" She questioned. I shook my head. "Is this about...last night? I just, I'm not-" I silenced her with a kiss.

"You know, somethings are not your fault." I said, and kissed her again. I took a breath, then told her what I'd been planing. She seemed to consider it.

"Andy, if it doesn't work, it'll be even worse for me. I'll be eighteen soon, anyway-"

"If this doesn't work then, I'll do something else. We'll run away if we have to, I don't care." I said. Avein sat back, then nodded. I knew she still didn't believe me when I said I loved her, I knew she knew I cared, but she just didn't think anyone could lover her.

I drove to her house, and called Jake. I hid the car and waited until Jake and his dad arrived. I took Avein's face, and kissed her gently.

"I love you, more than anything." I said.

"I love you too." She smiled sadly, then turned around and walked into her house, the blue convertible resting in in the driveway.

"Why am I here?" His dad asked, outfitted in his police uniform.

"Dad call for back-up."

"For what?" He asked. I told him a quick story of what was going on.

"Do you have any proof?" He asked, "I believe you, it's just-"

"We're about to give you the proof call, now." Jake snapped. His dad muttered into his radio.

"I can't just look into the house." We quickly walked onto the edge of the yard.

"Uh, look a jackalpenguin!" Jake yelled pointing at the house. His dad turned his head. What I saw broke my heart a thousand times over. Sean grabbed Avein by her hair, blood dripping from her nose and threw her to the ground.

"Andy!" Jake screamed. I didn't realize that I was running towards the house. I heard sirens in the distance. I threw the door open.

"Andy." Avein called. Sean had a tile in his hand and was holding it over Avein. He spun around. I jumped, but felt arms wrap around me. Jake's dad stormed in holding his gun out. I thrashed against Jake. Sean dropped the tile and stepped back. Avein's mother was crying, but standing in a corner, letting it happen.

Soon other officers stomped in. Sean was in hand cuffs and being drug past me. I struggled in Jake's arm.

"Let me the fuck go!" I screamed. There was a screw driver on the table, I was going to fucking kill him.

"Calm the fuck down Andy! She's safe. Fucking stop it! Jake tightened his grip on me. The only reason he was strong enough to hold me was his fucking guitar arms. "Andy they're going to fucking sedate you of you don't calm the fuck down!"

I settled in his arms. A officer helped Avein stand. Her face was bloody and bruised, her shirt was ripped, and her arms were exposed, more bruises covering them. Jake let me go when a few police cruisers pulled out of the driveway. I ran to her. She was crying. I pulled her against me.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I whispered. "God, I love you, you're safe now, alright, you're safe."

"Thank you." She choked out. My poor girl.

"Miss. Faller?" Jake's dad approached, "Who would you like to stay with? They took in both your mother and your-"

"Not my father."

"Me, she's staying with me." Jake's dad looked at Avein, she nodded against my chest.

"Well, we'll see if your mother had a will, then we can tell you what happens to the house, and cars." Mr. Pitts said. Avein nodded again.

"I'm taking you home." I whispered, and picked her up, bridal style, and carried her to my car.