Chapter 40

***Andy's POV***

Avein woke up again. I jumped. Her eyelids fluttered. Her dad had stopped by, over joyed with the news, but the poor guy to go back to work.

"Here." I said, holding a glass of water up. She tried to sit up, I slid my arm around her shoulders and let her drink until she could talk.

"Andy?" She whispered. I nodded. I sat down beside her on the bed. "Where...?"

"You're at the hospital, your dad found you in the..." I couldn't bring my self to say the words.

"So...I'm...fine?" She asked.

"You're going to be." I said. I reached out and brushed her hair back. She closed her eyes. The nurse had very bluntly told me that just because she was awake didn't mean she was better. Avein closed her eyes.

"Baby, you're going to be okay." I said, taking her hand.

"Why are you here?" She asked.

"I- I love you."I stared at her.

"I thought you didn't care...I mean, you got over me in a week..." A shiny tear dripped from the corner of her eye. I leaned in and kissed it away.

"Avein...no. I will never stop caring about you. Like right now, I'm scared and angry, but...I still care...I think we both have explaining to do." I said. I used the little remote and sat her up until she was comfortable. "Just...tell me why."

She parted her lips, a hesitant, scared look on her face. I reassured her by nodding. Then Avein looked up at me.

"I..." I jumped. Blood trickled from her nose. I grabbed a box of tissues and hit the button for the nurse.

Avein started coughing. I sat back down and reached to hand her the glass of water, but stopped when hot, red liquid, splatted across my face, arms and the sheets.