Chapter 28

***Avein's POV***

Andy weaved his fingers trough mine. We were standing at the edge of the crowd, swaying slightly.

Lucky have forced me to wear her little black leather shorts, a distressed Black Veil Brides t-shirt, and my black Vans. She hadn't even blinked at my scars.

Andy kissed my cheek. He leaned over me, kind of protective like, he'd been that way since I'd broke down last night. I felt bad about snapping at him again.

"I'm sorry." I said, loudly over the music.

"About what?"

"The other night, I snapped at you on the phone, I didn't mean to."

"It's fine, I was just worried." I stepped closer to him. He wrapped his arms around me. CC walked over.

"Damn it!" He snapped.

"What?"

"I'm losing, Sandra bet me some drum petals that she could pick up a hotter chick then I could, and I'm losing. Can I borrow your girlfriend?"

"NO." Andy said, pulling me tighter against him.

"Oh, come on! It'll just be like, four or five minuets."

"NO." Andy said again. I smiled. He sighed.

"Okay, well, can you help me find a hot one?" He asked. Andy looked down at me. I pulled back.

"Go on, if Sandra wins he might get a complex." I said. Andy nodded and headed off with CC. More people pored into the house. The stairs were all the way across the room. I got really nervous, I hated being around to many people. I couldn't do this. I texted Andy and told him I was going to sit in the car and wait for him. I pushed trough the crowd to get to the door. I finally got out. I gasped in clean and laughed a little. I started towards Andy's car.

"Hey!" I turned around. It was that boy, Luke.

"Hi." I said, still weary of him.

"Where are running off to?"

"Did someone pay you to come out here? Or are you just a jerk and think this is funny?"

"What? No, I just wanted to talk to you. I'm trying to be your friend here." He said, genuinely offended.

I sighed. "I'm sorry, it's just...people usually aren't nice to me."

"Why?"

I shrugged. "I'm different."

"People are jerks." He came closer. I took a tiny step back.

"Yeah..." I said with a tiny laugh. "Well, it was nice seeing again." I turned to walk away.

"Why are you running off? It's only nine."

"I, uh, there's just a lot of people in there, I'll see you tomorrow." I quickly walked away. He seemed nice enough, but I still...

I felt a hand grab my arm. I turned around, it was Luke. He yanked me against him and shove his mouth on mine. I gasped, and jerked away.

"What is wrong with you?" I yelled. I drug a hand across my mouth.

"I just thought...we could be more than friends." He said. I took a couple steps back. We were still in Lucky's drive way.

"No. I don't even know you, and I'm with Andy." I stepped back even further.

"I'm starting to get really tired of that fucker." Luke snapped, stepping towards me.

"Don't." I said, stepping back. Why did this always happen to me? "Look, just leave me."

"I can't. I like you." He stepped even closer, and I stepped back. My phone in my pocket buzzed. Andy.

Luke was right in front of me now. He grabbed my upper arm and pulled me towards a car. I pulled back.

"Stop it." I said. I'd scream, but there was no point, no one could here me.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He said, laughing like he thought I was being cute. I pushed at his hand around my arm. I yanked free. He reached for me again. I slugged him, right in the nose.

He groaned and place a hand over his bloody face. I took a few steps back and then ran into the house.

Fuck, my hand hurt. I looked for Andy. I saw his head towards the back, where he had left me. I made my way towards the back.

Finally I got over there and grabbed his arm.

"Hey, I thought you went to-" He stopped. "What's wrong?" He asked, noticing my expression. I shook my head.

"People are mean." I half laughed. I looked at my hand, it was red and had blood on it.

"Avein." He caught my hand. I told Andy what happened. His face was set in anger. I couldn't help, but be reminded of...before. Andy took my un-busted hand, and pulled me towards the door.

Luke was gone, but Andy just decided it was time to go home, I couldn't agree more. All of us were ditching school tomorrow, but every needed to get as much as rest as possible.

We drove home.

Andy was still angry, but I think by now we were used to it. We were going to get beat up and used, it was just going to happen. Andy bandaged my hand.

I crawled into bed with him.

"I love you." I said against his chest.

"I love you too." He said. "I've got a surprise for you tomorrow."

"No, tomorrow's supposed to be your day." I said, poking him in the ribs.

"Your surprise is part of my day." I gave him an odd look, but he just smiled. I leaned up and kissed his lips. I pulled away, and rolled over.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Andy asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just tired." I lied. I was not okay right now. I kept remembering...things. But, that was all over now. I pressed my back against Andy and fell asleep.