9

Hayley's POV

"A swim? " I ask confused.  "Yeah,  it's a nice day outside and... I wanna spend some time with you. " Luke says as he leans against my doorframe.

I scoff. "Yeah,  since when? "

"Since I realized how much of an ass I am. I'm sorry Hayley. I judged you and your mom harshly, but I wanna start over."

I look at him and he smiles at me. "Ok. Go wait by the pool. I'll be there soon. " He smiles and walks off.

I get off my computer and grab my bathing suit in my bottom drawer. It's black with red flowers on it. I put my red ombre hair in a bun and took off all my clothes.

I slipped into my one-piece and looked myself over in the mirror. It covered all of me and it still fits. I went to my bathroom and grabbed a towel,  then made my way downstairs.

Outside the sun was almost setting,  it was beautiful. Luke was sitting in a lounge chair playing a guitar. I didn't know he played.

I stayed quiet as I watched him,  afraid that if he knew I was there he'd stop. It sounds so beautiful, the melody is familiar. I didn't know I was singing until Luke looked up and smiles at me.

I look away feeling my cheeks get hot. "You sound good Hayley. "

I walk towards him and place the towel beside him. "Speak for yourself." I say and turn away,  run towards the pool and jump in.

I go under and come back up,  the water is warm and relaxing. I look at Luke and see him put his guitar down.

Luke's POV

What a sight to behold. Hayley in a bathing suit. It covered her up,  but still, she looked beautiful,  especially when she ran to the pool.

I put my guitar down and watched as she came up from the water. "Luke! Come on! " She calls to me.

Like the siren she is I obey. I run towards the pool and canon ball right beside her. I come up right in front of her.  "Hey." I say to her and she grins "Hey."

"So you got a job? " I asked. "Yeah I did. I start tomorrow. " I could tell she was excited and I'm glad she has a job.

"That's great Hayley." "What about you? " She asks.

"I work with Ashton,  we're personal trainers. " I tell her and she looks shocked. "Really? That's cool. "

"Hayley, I want to start over, what I said to you was completely uncalled for and it's not true. You're going to be my sister soon and I want us to have a great relationship. "

She nods. "Ok. I'm cool with that." I smile at her. "Awesome,  What kind of music do you listen to? " I ask. 

"What kind do I listen to when you're screwing some chick or just on a regular basis? " I laughed. "Funny."

She smiles as she lays on her back and floats. "Um, black veil brides, Andy Biersack, Nirvana, system of a down, a lot of stuff. "

"That's kind of the same things I listen to,  but add the rolling Stones, Metallica, Slipknot and ACDC. "

Hayley smiles. "Awesome! We should definitely listen to music together. "

She suggests.  "Ok,  next time me and Ashton have a jam session you can join. " I tell her and she laughs.

"How do you know Ashton? You seem really close. "

"We are close, we met in school. He graduated before me because he's older but, he's always been there for me."

I thought about Ashton and I smiled. "When my mom passed,  I started doing drugs,  not hard drugs but...He helped me stop and stayed by my side. He's like my brother... I count him as my brother. "

I look at Hayley and she's staring up at me. "I'm glad he's there for you. " Was all she said.

The sun has went down so we get out the pool and dry off.

Hayley wrapped her towel around her shoulders and smiled. "Tonight was good. Thanks for letting me get to know you a little more. "

I nod. "It's all good. We should do this again. " She smiles and heads inside.

Hayley's POV

I wake up at 7 and head to the gym on the third floor. I do my morning workouts as I jam out to music. As I'm hitting the punching bag I see Luke come in and start working out.

I get nervous for some reason. I take my mind off of it by grabbing some weights and working on my arms. The burn helps me relax.

Why am I so nervous around him? He's just some guy,  plus I have a boyfriend. I mean I guess Michael's my boyfriend,  we kissed and we have cute pet names... But,  I'm in Australia and he's in California.

I miss him so much. I put the weights down and get on a machine to work out my legs. The machine gives me a full view of Luke,  who's currently running on the treadmill.

He looks so perfect! He has earphones in his ears, his hair is pulled into a bun but a few hairs break free to hang loose in his face.

Sweat drips down his face as he casts his eyes down and his puffy mouth that I just want to kiss... Hayley! Get a grip!  He's your brother... Well he will be anyways. But when?

I finish my workout and head to the mini fridge to grab a bottle of water. When I step away my legs wobble and I lose my balance.

I fall over dropping my water,  thank goodness I didn't open it yet. "Oh shit! Hayley are you ok? " Luke hurries over to me.

How embarrassing! He holds out his hand and I take it. My legs wobble a little bit and I fall completely into Luke's arms.

"Careful. I think you over did it a bit on working out." Luke says and I shake my head.

"I always work out this much. " He stands me to and holds onto me until I can stand on my own.

"Did you eat before working out? " He asks. "No." Luke shakes his head. "You should from now on. " I rolly eyes.

"What,  so you're my trainer now? " Luke walks to pick up my water and smiles at me. "No, but I can be." He hands me the water and I shake my head.

"How long will you be at work today?" Luke asks. "From 12 to 6 why? "

Luke smiles. "Nothing but,  if you're not too tired after.. I wanna show you something. "  I nod.  "Ok."

I leave to go shower and get ready for my first day at work.