26

Haley POV

Today is the day that my two best friends leave Australia, and neither of them want me to see them off at the airport. I don't think I'll ever see them again, I've been shedding tears of guilt, sadness, and anger all night.

This is Ashton's fault! And Luke's! Luke...

"I fucking hate him so much." I whisper and the tears start anew.

"Haley? Sweetie, me and Andy are ready to leave when you are." My mom says.

I sniffle. "I'm not going."

My mom sits on my bed and starts to pat me hip. "What happened?"

I take a deep shaky breath. "We broke up and Calum hates me. They both do."

My mom is quiet for a minute and then she speaks. "People grow apart, even amazing friendships. That doesn't mean it's forever Haley. It will work out in the end, it may never be as it used to, but it will work out."

I close my eyes, I know it will never be the same. Calum and Michael will never trust me again...

My mom leaves and I get up to get ready for work.

Luke POV

Today is the day Haley's friends leave, I wonder how she's doing. I get up to see if she needs a ride to work but when I knock I don't get an answer.

"Haley?" I call and still no answer. I shrug and head downstairs to see Haley's mom sipping a coffee and reading a magazine.

"Um, is Haley gone already?" I ask. She looks up and smiles.

"Andy took Haley to work a few minutes ago. She'll be back this afternoon."

I nod and go on about my day. Why didn't she ask me for a ride?

Haley POV

It was hard to keep my mind on work and not replay everything that happened last night. It all seems like a nightmare, from the emotional night with Michael to the angry text from Calum... It all chokes me up to think about.

In the break room, I pick at my sandwich as Lauren talks to me.

"Um, Haley? Are you ok?" Lauren asks as she shakes my arm to get my attention.

I look at her not realizing I was crying.

"Oh honey, what's wrong?!" Concern clear on her pretty face.

I wipe my tears away. "Nothing... This summer just turned out to suck."

Lauren places her hand on mine. "I'm so sorry, if you ever want to talk I'm here."

I smile and nod.

Work drags on and I dyed 4 teenagers heads today. I head outside to wait for my mom to come get me and I check my social media. Calum and Michael still follow me, for some reason that gives me a bit of hope, but still, I know they'll both unfollow me soon.

Should I unfollow them first? My thumb hovers over the following button on Michael's profile. I'm about to press it until I hear my name.

"Haley, get in." I look up to see Luke's shiny car in front of me. I roll my eyes and lean through the window. "Where's my mom Luke?" He leans forward and smiles. "I told her I'd pick you up on my way to Ashton's."

I frown at the sound of Ashton's name.

"What's wrong?" Luke asks.

"Nothing, I'll walk." I push off of Luke's car and start speed walking down the sidewalk.

"What? Haley! Get in the car." Luke shouts and I ignore him. I bypass people as I continue to walk and Luke shouts and yells for me to get in the car. I get to the end of the sidewalk and I'm about to cross the street until Luke swerves his car to a screeching halt in front of me.

He gets out of the car and walks towards me.

"What is your problem today?" He yells.

I glare at him. "Why don't you ask your buddy Ashton?"

Luke stares at me confused. "What does Ashton have to do with anything?"

I shake my head. "Nothing. Just forget it and leave me alone." I start to walk past him, but Luke grabs my arm.

"Haley, what do you mean about Ashton? What's wrong with you?" Luke looks in my eyes and I look away.

"Ashton told Calum about us. And Calum told Michael while we were on our last date."

Luke's eyes widen and his grip on my arm loosens.

"Haley.."

"Michael broke up with me." I say as tears start to fall from my eyes. All of a sudden, I'm in Luke's arms and he's consoling me.

"Haley, I'm sorry." Luke says as he strokes my head.

I look up at him "Sorry? Isn't this what you wanted? Me and Michael to be over so you could move in on me?"

Luke frowns. "I never wanted you to be hurt."

I pull away from him and walk to his car. He stares at me.

"Well? Are we going home or not?" I yell and he walks over and gets in the car.

We get home and I go straight to my room. I get in the shower and cry my eyes out in anger. Why did I have to move here? Why is my life such a mess? I hate everything and everyone!

Luke POV

"Damn it Ashton!" I yell into my phone as I pace back and forth.

"You had no right to tell Calum anything! Haley is a fucking mess!"

Ashton yells back that I lied to him about being over Haley and I yell back that it's none of his fucking business. I hang up and sit heavily on my bed. This is all a mess! What if Michael tells his parents? Will they tell our parents?

I run my fingers through my hair. What the fuck am I going to do? Someone knocks at my door and I sigh. "What?" I yell.

"It's me Luke." Haley says and I get up to unlock my door. I open it to see Haley wrapped in a towel, her hair damp, and her green eyes staring up at me.

"What's up Haley?" She pushes past me and walks over to my bed.

"I need your help." She says and I close my door.

"Yeah, what's wrong?" I avert my eyes.

"I need you to do something for me." Haley says and I sigh.

"Anything. But, you're..."

"Luke, look at me." She says and I look as she drops her towel from her body.

"You can help me, by taking my mind off of Michael." Haley says as she walks up to me. I stare at her body and bite my lip.

"Haley.." I say as she places her hand on my arm.

"Luke, I want you. I need you." Haley whispers and I can't help but give in.