24

Luke's POV

I stare at them... both shirtless. I tried to control my temper as I voiced my next words.

"Our parents are on their way home. I'm pretty sure you don't want them to see you like this."

Haley glares at me as Michael hurries to put his shirt back on.

"My bad man. It's not what you think, I wasn't taking advantage of Haley." Michael says and I smile.

"I don't think you were. Quite the opposite really. " I mumble the last part to myself.

"Michael doesn't have to leave." Haley speaks and I frown.

"It's getting late Haley, I'll just see you in the morning. " Michael says. I'm happy to see that he isn't putting up a fight, but my smile leaves when he bends down and kisses her. Haley smiles as he walks over to me.

I move out his way and wait until i hear the front door open and close to say what I wanna say.

"I guess I misunderstood you Haley. " I say as I lean against the door. Haley looks at me and shrugs,

"In what way?" She asks. I smirk

"About your love for Michael. You must really love him."

Haley nods. "I do."

"Sure you do, because there's no way that you're trying to prove me and yourself wrong about your feelings."

Haley frowns in confusion.  "Huh?"

I smile. "Your feelings, for me? I mean, it'd be really fucked up if you gave into your feelings towards your soon to be brother."

"Oh, please! I don't have feelings for you Luke!"

"Really?" I ask amused and Haley stands up and storms over to me.

"Yes, really Luke! Besides the fact of you being my soon to be brother, how could I have feelings for such an arrogant, self centered, asshole like you?!" Haley yells.

I grab Haley by her shoulders and pin her against the wall.

"Because, you're just as messed up as I am Haley."

Haley's POV

I stared into Luke's blue eyes and could barely breathe.

"I'm not messed up." I grumble and Luke smirks.

"Sure you are. But, you just won't admit it. Just admit it Haley and I won't bother you."

I frown at him. I can't... I can't let myself admit it, because then I'd be betraying Michael and I won't be able to go back.

"I can't." Luke stares deeply into my eyes and starts to close the distance between us.

"I can make you." Luke whispers and I  can't help but look at his lips.

"Please don't Luke. " i plead, but every nerve in my body was screaming for him to kiss me. Just throw me on the bed and kiss me Luke!

"I won't kiss you Haley. The next time I kiss you, you'll beg me to." Luke says.
He let's me go and I breathe a sigh of relief.

Luke POV

Me, Ashton, and Calum were in the arcade room. I was scrolling through my Instagram while those two were battling it out on FIFA.

I wonder what Haley is doing? Did she have to work today? She would've asked me for a ride though...

"So Calum, where's your friend?" Ashton asks.

"He's with Haley. I think they went out to the beach or something."

"Aww how romantic." Ashton says. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah well, they need some alone time. We'll be leaving in a few days." Calum says and I turn to pay more attention.

"Aww really? I thought you were at least gonna stay a month." Ashton said sounding kind of sad.

Calum nodded. "That was the plan, but our families want to go on vacation together. We all used to go every summer. Me, Haley, and Mike. Now it's just me and Mike."

"So when are you leaving?" I ask.

Calum shrugs. "3 or 4 days." I smirk. Finally this nightmare is almost over and I'll have Haley all to myself again.

At the beach

The sun is setting and I'm laying on Michael's shoulder. This day couldn't get anymore perfect. I wish we had more time, Michael and Calum leave in a few days. "Haley, what are you thinking about?" Michael asks, bringing me from my thoughts.

"I'm thinking of running away, far away where there's beautiful hilltops and mountains, an ocean that's blue like sapphire. And it's just me and you, nobody else." Michael smiles. "Not even Calum?" I laugh.

"No... Just me and you." I look up at him and he's looking at the setting sun. I kiss his cheek and sigh.

Haley POV

I get back home and go straight to my room. Michael decided to join the guys at video games and I honestly didn't want to be anywhere near Ashton or Luke. I put my earbuds in, grab a Monster and write in my journal for a bit.

As time passes I start to get drowsy and I decide to lay down and shut my eyes for just a few minutes.

Luke POV

"Alright I'll see you later Ash." I hug him and he leaves with Calum trailing behind.

"Where's Michael?" Ashton asks.

"He went to say goodbye to Haley." Calum says.

Michael comes down the stairs a few minutes later.

"She's out like a light." Michael says as he leaves with Calum.

"See you later man." Ashton smiles and I close the door.

(A/N this chapter has been in drafts since the last update. It sucks but I promise the next chapter will be better.)