21

Haley

My alarm goes off at 6am, so I get up to brush my teeth. I get dressed in my  workout clothes and eat a granola bar before heading to the gym.

I'm so frustrated! Luke is making my life so difficult right now, but as much as I want to blame it all on Luke, i cant deny that I'm just as much at fault here.

Its not to long ago that i let him go down on me... I even offered to return the favor, but he turned me down. I frown as i think back that night.

Flash back

"Luke, can I... return the favor?" I ask and he smiles.

"I don't think that's a good idea."

*snap back to to reality*

Why did i even offer? Im such a horrible person. Why can't I just stick to my morals? I step off the treadmill and drink some water. I head over to the weights, as I'm about to lift one

"Not over working yourself are you?"

I turn to see Luke leaning against the wall by the fridge. I shake my head and turn away to lift my weights.

"You're not positioned properly Haley." Luke scolds me.

"I know how to lift Luke."

"Obviously you don't. You're gonna hurt your back that way." Luke says as he walks over to me.

"Straighten up for a minute." He says and I do.

"Spread your legs a bit wider, you'll have better balance. "

I do as he asks. Luke places his hands on my hips "Now, lift the weight slowly and let it down the same."

Surprisingly, his technique helps. I feel less winded this way.

"Good, now I can workout without worrying you'll kill yourself." Luke laughs and heads to a weight machine.

After my workout, I drink more of my water. I can't help but watch Luke as he busies himself. I like the way he scrunches his face in concentration, the way his muscles clench as he lifts a weight. I realise I'm staring and go to take a shower.

I'm laying on my bed, texting Calum when someone knocks on my door.

"Yeah?"

Luke walks in, with wet hair and clean clothes. Hmm, Luke with wet hair. 

"How're you feeling?" He asks me.

"I'm fine. I ate before working out so..." Luke nods and sits on my bed.

"Any plans today?"

"Just work, Michael and Calum decided to go on this tour guide thing."

"Without you?"

I shrug. "I have to work, I told them to go without me." I get up to do my hair, but I just end up putting it in a ponytail.

"I'll take you to work, when you're ready." Luke says. I smile at him and nod.

At work

The salon was so busy today, I probably swept a trashcan full of hair in just the first 2 hours. I plop down in a chair in the breakroom, already exhausted. Lauren comes in "Oh God! What a day so far."

I smirk. "I couldn't do your job, sweeping and cleaning all day. I mean, you're on your feet all day!" She says and I nod.

"Pretty much Lauren."

She smiles at me. "So what's your summer been like so far?"

"Well, my boyfriend and best friend are here for their break."