BRANDON VS MAXWELL

Brandon's P.O.V:

Nikki was just, incredible.

That's nothing new, she has always been incredible. The day I met her my life changed forever for the better.

But now I might lose her forever, she is more than capable of winning this contest and I desperately need to win.

If she leaves for France, then we won't see each other. And she'll be spending so much time with that Andrè guy...

Sure he helped us out in Miami in our time of need. But that doesn't mean I'm going to let him take my girlfriend away from me.

Besides that I can't sing. Marcus and Theo can, they just proved that they're incredible too against Brittany and Lauren. They have the musical experience and I just don't.

I'm more used to hodling two drumsticks in my hand and crashing some beats.

I just don't know if I can win a singing contest...

T.C: "I'm sorry America but one of our contestants unfortunately can't be here tonight. Therefore, your winner by forfeit and advancing to the second round... Brandon Roberts!"

Wait a second, Maxwell was my opponent. I completely forgot! But this isn't the way I wanted things to go, I thought he would surprise everyone with a comeback.

However, he's still in a coma after what happened in Miami.

Thinking about it, what he did was very courageous. If the audience sees that he forfeits, then they'll brand him as nothing more than a coward.

That couldn't be further from the truth!

BRANDON: "Wait!"

I ran into the stage

T.C: "Is there something that you want to say?"

BRANDON: "Yes, there is. America, I don't want you to think that Maxwell is a coward who is too frightened to go onto this stage tonight. He can't be here because he sacrificed himself to ensure me and 3 other contestants' safety. So I wouldn't use the word forfeit... I would use the word sacrificed. He was ready to enter this contest and win. But he can't be here right now. He's in a coma, and I want everyone to send your prayers out, to hope together that he recovers. I know you wanted a song, but I delivered a speech instead...Thanks for listening."

T.C: "Well said Brandon. I'm sure that your friend is proud of you, you are more than capable of winning this contest. Now you need to prepare for the next round."

BRANDON: "This isn't the outcome I wanted, but I don't have a choice. Thank you sir."

I was about to leave the stage but for some reason I had forgotten to leave my phone in the dressing room. That would have been embarrassing if it rang during my performance.

So I decided to take the call as I walked offstage.

And I couldn't believe what I heard...

MAXWELL: "Nice speech Roberts. However, I officially forfeit. Now go to the second round in my place."