Chapter Three

"Over and over, this cycle between us never growing old."

My head pounded when I first woke up, I ended up catching a ride with Andrew. I'm not sure how or when I got home, the only thing I knew was I didn't die from alcohol poisoning so really I'm fine.

Just tired, last night was blurry and when I first walked through the school doors, everyone was watching me, analyzing me and then the whispers started.

They were about me, dumping beer over Emma's head, about Christopher and I. They couldn't just mind their own business.

I kept my head down while making my way to classes, I was on edge and knew if someone said the wrong thing - I'd surely be suspended again.

I walk through the crowded halls, hearing their whispers when someone appeared next to me, looking over I raise an eyebrow at her, "Cj, what's up?" I asked curtly.

She rolled her blue eyes and played with her hair, "Just checking on you," She replied softly.

Something inside of me twisted, I didn't understand why she cared.

I nod my head, "Fine, Chris kept my head intact." I answered.

She nods and smiles lightly, "Good, wouldn't want you getting into too much trouble." She says while snickering under her breath.

"Come on, you know troubles my middle name, and I'm assuming you didn't hear about Emma?" I question.

Cj shook her head and her eyes twinkled, "No, I did. I'm just trying not to be proud of you because that was a mean thing." She answered truthfully, causing me to laugh out.

"She deserved it, she was being mean as well!" I replied, stopping at my locker to grab a few things.

Cassie lied against the locker next to mine and smiled, "Yeah, but when people are mean to you, you can handle it. They can't handle your wrath." She shot back, causing me to smile wider.

Even though we weren't exactly friends. She knew me so well, and it hurt because I'd love if she was my best friend but too many people would start talking.

She already had enough trouble with other students, they seen her more as a wallflower or loner.

I slam my locker shut and we make our way down the hall when this football player tumbled into Cj, causing her to fall to the floor.

The guy starts laughing and all eyes in the hallway were on an embarrassed looking Cj. My eyes narrow and I shove his chest.

"Least you could do is be a gentlemen and help her up after you ran her over," I snap, my jaw ticking.

I felt my fists clenched by my sides while I watched him, he looked like he was just smoking some good weed, because his eyes were red as a fire hydrant.

A small lazy smile made its way onto his face and I punched him. It wasn't that hard, just enough pressure to get my point across. My fist collided with his cheek and he flinched backwards.

"What the hell?" He snapped out.

This time, I was the one smiling lazily up at him, "Have a nice day asshole." I say sweetly.