Chapter Thirty

"Give in to the dark side, its easier to be sad than happy."

I woke up late for school, not realizing my alarm had went off. The house was empty, my parents already gone to work and my siblings at school. I quickly showered and got dressed, pulling on some black jeans and a white long sleeved crop top.

I left my hair down to dry, grabbing my bag before slipping on my combat boots, I looked like a zombie but I couldn't waste any more time. Not that I really cared about school all that much, I just didn't want a call home about being late again.

Rushing out of the house, I locked the front door behind me and took a short cut towards the school, making it there within fifteen minutes, second period starting in five minutes. I walk through the parking lot, heading up the front steps.

I pulled open the front door and headed inside, making my way through the sea of students all standing around in front of their lockers, chatting away. I could hear a few familiar names circling around in their conversations.

As I made my way further down the hall, I felt my stomach twist into uneasy knots, "Seems Romeo and Emma are dating again." A student whispers as I walked past them.

I felt my heart race, slowing slightly in my steps so I could hear the reply, "Apparently they were up in Aarons room for a good hour last night." The voice says, "They were both pretty drunk." The person added on and I felt something inside of me sink.

I pushed my way through the students, heading straight out the back doors so I could light up a joint, I'd probably head home after second class.

I leaned back on the bench when the back door opened, Max walking out with a surprised expression, "Whatever you heard, its not true." He blurts and I frowned, taking another puff of my joint.

"Doesn't really matter to me, whatever goes on between the two of them is none of my business," I replied. Max grunted, dropping down next to me on the bench, shaking his head.

"Nothing happened though, everything going around is rumours." He presses on, bringing his hands down his face when I shrugged my shoulders, clicking my tongue against my teeth.

I finish off the joint, looking down at him, "It doesn't matter, whatever goes on in his love life is none of my business." I state, sliding off of the bench.

He follows me, grumbling under his breath, "It does, because you like him!" He snapped and I froze in my steps, my entire body tensing. I sucked in a deep breath, shaking my head lightly.

"You've got it wrong, I don't go for guys like Romeo, he's too smart, too good for me." I replied, wishing this conversation would end but Max followed alongside me, a doubtful expression on his face.

Max narrowed his eyes, following me back into the school, walking through the students, "Why cant you just admit you have feeling for him?" He drawls out, catching my eyes.

It wasn't that simple.

It would never work out, I was a mess in life, a walking disaster while he was the golden boy, sure he had some baggage but I would only drag him down, I wasn't any good for him.

"Maybe things will work out between him and Emma." I answered, disappearing into the crowded halls.

Max called after me but I turned down another hall, leading towards the front doors, I messaged Mercer, seeing if he would pick me up. Thankfully he answered and was on his way.