Chapter Fourteen

"My light isn't fading, just flickering to stay lit, to stay alive in this cold cold world."

"Uh, Mr. Jovany and Ms. Greer, what a lovely surprise," The teacher greeted as the door to the detention room swung open.

A girl walking hand and hand with another guy walks in, and in behind them were three other guys.

"Cole, Kyler and James, not surprised to see you guys," Mr. Conner says, making me raise an eyebrow.

I sat on top of the desk and watched them all with narrowed eyes, feeling my scowl deepen as they walked around the room.

The girl walks around before heading towards me, a wide smile on her face, "I'm Natalia, nice to meet you." She says.

I look at her hand and back up to her face, my look remaining blank. She pulls back her outstretched hand and frowned slightly when Chris walked up.

"We're still teaching her manners," He drawls out, "This is Luna," He introduces, yet I remain quiet, ready to burst.

I was becoming irritated with all these people.

"What brings you guys here?" Chris questioned, heading towards the back of the room.

They all follow him, leaving me alone at the front of the room.

"We were walking down the hall when this crazy teacher came out of nowhere and started calling detentions," Bash explained, taking a seat next to the girl.

I say there playing with my hands, I just needed this hour to pass by quickly. Usually I didn't mind detentions, I've gotten them so often.

But I was so use to it just being me and Chris in here, not an entire party.

"Said he didn't like my shirt," Bash says, causing me to glance back at him. He was wearing a plain blue shirt, no design or other colours.

I snort out under my breath and shook my head, "Both Cole and Kyler got detentions because they gave him attitude," Bash added on.

I look around the room, my gaze falling on Romeo. He sat there in between Max and Cj, his eyes on Bash as he spoke.

"James and Natalia decided that would be the perfect fine to start fist fighting and landed detentions too," He finished.

"Y'all sound fucking stupid," I blurt out, a smile resting on my lips.

I didn't regret saying it because it was true, they sounded like they were all on drugs - my thoughts instantly stopped because I realized I was being a hypocrite.

I throw my hands in the air while cursing out, "Jesus I didn't mean for it to sound rude, please don't get upset," I say, looking at the girl.

She shrugged her shoulders, "I didn't take it offensively, we are stupid. But I'm sure you and your friends are too," She says, that smile still on her lips.

Bash leaned over and kissed the side of her head, causing you stomach to churn.

"I don't have friends, but thanks." I snapped back and that's when Chris cried out, clutching his chest dramatically.