Chapter Eighteen

"And sometimes you jut have to free fall into the unknown, it may be scary - but it'll be worth it."

I slam the door shut behind me and shield my face from the burning sun. It was too early, and the sun was almost blinding.

The police cruiser speeds off out of the school parking lot and I glance over at Romeo, who looked almost as miserable as me.

His hair was messy, like wild untamed messy and his eyes were tired. Classes were already in, so we stood there quietly in the empty parking lot.

"When we get inside, keep you're mouth shut," He says, pulling away and walking towards the school doors.

I grumble out under my breath and followed alongside him. He pulls the doors open, holding them for me as I pass by him. I mumble a quick thank you before turning to look at him.

The doors close loudly behind us, echoing through the quiet halls. He starts walking towards class and turns around when he realizes I'm no longer walking next to him.

He shot me a frown, "Where are you going?" He asks.

I scrunch my nose up in disgust, gesturing at the dress I was still in, "I cant go the entire day wearing this, have you ever seen a badass girl wear a dress? No!" I argued back.

He scoffed out, "Why can't you be a badass dressed nicely?" He questioned, causing me to narrow my eyes at him playfully.

"Are you suggesting that I usually dress like trash?" I shot back, raising my eyebrow at him.

He shrugged his shoulders, avoiding eye contact with me, "I mean, you're words not mine." He says, his lips tilting into a small smile.

I slap his chest, but he easily caught my hand in his, causing me to pause momentarily, chills running throughout me.

I sucked in a breath and pulled away from him, "Yeah, well you dress like trash too," I retorted playfully, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Okay, maybe like really nice trash but you can just roll over and die." I snapped out.

He chuckled before pushing open the door to our class, English.

The teacher stops talking and glances over at us, along with every other student in the class. I roll my eyes when I hear Max snicker in the back of the classroom.

"Mr. Chapman, Ms. McKay, why are you two late to my class?" The teacher drawled out, watching us closely.

I hear Romeo sigh out next to me as a malicious smirk curved my lips upwards, "We just got out of jail," I answered.

"What did I tell you about keeping your mouth shut?" Romeo hissed out as whispers filled the classroom.

I shift around, scrunching my nose up when the dress sways.

"So, that police car that was just here, was dropping you two off?" The teacher questioned.

I clicked my tongue, nodding my head and glancing up at Romeo. He stood still as a statue, never once meeting the teachers eye.